Raiders may trade #19 to Jags for Ngokue

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders may trade #19 to Jags for Ngokue

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 pm

A reporter from Walter football is claiming were close to a deal for Ngokue ( still can't spell his name right).
Is it true, guess we'll wake up to news or we won't, I don't know what to believe anymore.
How would this work?
I could see a few things play out as far as compensation.
We trade the #19, and Gabe Jackson, for Ngokue and a 2nd rounder.
We need to dump about 10 million off the books to make this even logical IMO. No way we have enough to sign the entire rookie class and give him an extension. Probably just rumours.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders may trade #19 to Jags for Ngokue

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:24 am

Jags are asking for more than just the 19... They want pick 12.

I say fuck them. Ngakoue is going to want Khalil Mack money.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:42 am

Yeah,as good as he is, we now how the bodies to rotate in and out and play at a high level. No need to give up precious draft capital and pay him to boot!
That said I would dangle the #19 for Chris Jones from KC, but we don't have enough cash so neither makes sense.
Just a few more hours!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 am

This clown is still making noise about a trade. His tag # is almost $18M.

Everyone's pointing to our cap situation as evidence we won't trade for him, but that's BS to me. Caps can always be fucked with. We could ditch Gabe and restructure some stuff to make it happen.

Outside the cap implications, I just can't believe that the same guys who let Mack walk would blow a 1st rd pick to bring on a contract that size for a guy who isn't in Mack's league. To come in here and take reps away from 2 extremely promising 2nd-year guys and a dude we inked to a 3-yr deal.

Would he improve the team? Yes, I believe he would as long as he didn't get all pissy about playing time. The question is: how much and at what price? Fact of the matter is, Ngakoue just isn't that great. This past season as a full-time starter he only had 2 more sacks than Nassib, and 2 fewer sacks than Crosby. And Nassib started only 8 games and Crosby only 10 to Ngakoue's 15. Crosby had more tackles AND more TFL than Ngakoue too.

It will be interesting to see what Ngakoue can do without Calais Campbell pulling attention away from him. Campbell was really the driving force of that line, making the pro bowl al 3 of the last 3 seasons and all-pro once. Ngakoue on the other hand made the pro bowl once, 3 years ago.

It doesn't make any sense to me. We have Crosby and Ferrell ready to take major leaps, and Maliek Collins set to get a big push inside. And Nassib and Arden Key to spell on the outside.

If we're going to pursue anyone for that kind of $$, it should be Clowney and not Ngakoue. We wouldn't even have to trade away a pick for him.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm

If we're going to pursue anyone for that kind of $$, it should be Clowney and not Ngakoue. We wouldn't even have to trade away a pick for him.

I'm not sold on him either. If he was 100% healthy and not injury prone.... yea.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am

He destroyed the niners last year for Seattle, I'd love to have another bench type role player of his caliber. If we give him 12 or 14 million he'd replace Ferrell as the starter. Then you think about if health concerns and have to weigh your options.
If by some miracle he signs a 1 year deal I'd jump at the chance so both sides get what they want.
To me this would be a pure playoff chess move. He's got a ton of playoff experience and always seems to show up when it matters. He's a 90 something rated run stopper also, why not bring him in if the $$$$ makes sense?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Sure..... if the $$$ make sense. Otherwise, I'd pass.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Yeah, I think Clowney is a lot more than just his sack numbers. He doesn't have the white-hot motor Mack does, but I think he's a more disruptive player overall than Ngakoue.

But he ain't worth $20M/yr.

Neither is Mack. Fuck that.

IMO Pass Rusher is the 2nd most important position on the field. HOWEVER, I've come to realize that it takes much more than one spectacular player to create a consistent pass rush. There's NO non-QB player who's worth $20M/yr. If there was it would be Pass Rusher, but there's just not. Maybe in 3-4 years the cap will be so high that some WRs and pass rushers and LTs will be making that, but just not right now, IMO.

Because you also have to have an interior guy who can get a consistent push, as well as an outside guy at LB who can bring heat in order to get even a star pass rusher into the backfield regularly.

That's why I'm stoked as hell over signing Maliek Collins. I think if they play it right he can help unleash a pass rush for us that we haven't seen for 20 fuckin years. AND now we have a d-backfield that can take advantage of a pass rush like that. Mullen/Joyner/Amukamara/Arnette/Randall/Abram

This could be a very dangerous D if we don't have multiple injuries. And if Cunningham has what it takes to get the players in position to succeed.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum