Keep Derek Carr Or Not?

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 3

Re: Derek Carr

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:37 pm

silver & black wrote:I agree; getting rid of Mayiock was not a good idea. This franchise never ceases to amaze me with stupid decisions.

If this next iteration of the Raiders is a dud...... I just have to face the reality that I will never see another Supper Bowl win.

Agreed brother. It's just one shit show after another.

I remember thinking we had something really good going with Hue, then they came in and canned him and it all went to hell for SO MANY YEARS.

Now we get something good going again, the shit hits the fan and Josh McDaniels comes in. We can only hope he learned a lot from his disaster in DEN.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:48 am

I'm not happy with McDaniels at all. He's a fucking cheater... and the stunt he pulled with the Colts was bullshit. If this is the best Mark could do, I don't know what to say.

Maybe I'm wrong... I hope... but this has disaster written all over it. Should have given Bissachia a chance... Mark could have waited one more season to fuck things up.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am

I'm actually feeling optimistic about this. I wanted an offensive HC and I got him. Everyone raves about this Ziegler cat, although what the Pats did with FA and the draft the last 2 years hasn't looked that great to me.

But I REALLY want to see who's coming in to run the D. If we switch to the 3-4, I'm fucking DONE.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:37 am

I hope he does great, but his stint in Denver was less than good. I agree about the DC... he needs to be great.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:48 pm

I hate the 3-4 too, we'd have to make alot of personnel changes to accommodate.
Gus Bradley's as good as gone, looks like he's interviewing with the colts.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm

silver & black wrote:I'm not happy with McDaniels at all. He's a fucking cheater... and the stunt he pulled with the Colts was bullshit. If this is the best Mark could do, I don't know what to say.

Maybe I'm wrong... I hope... but this has disaster written all over it. Should have given Bissachia a chance... Mark could have waited one more season to fuck things up.

Okay, I've had a few days to absorb this. I wanted Harbaugh, so I was pissed off when I posted that.... and 3 pours of Bourbon. The more I read and listen, the better this hire sounds.

Zeigler and McDaniels together should make a strong pair. If they hire a competent DC, I think we could do some damage next season. I'm going to join you DR and put on the rose colored glasses. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time. :mrgreen:

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Silver, it took a few days for me to come around also. I'm a huge believer in second chances, and you know what..so was Al Davis!
Almost every interview I've seen of McDaniels now, he's talking of his growth, and what he's learned. Mainly to be himself, I thinks he's had a chance to look at himself in the mirror long and hard. I'm happy he chose us as the place to prove that he's ready to win away from Bill, and happy he knows Carr is the easiest path to team success. His 1st season is going to be huuuuge afyer our 10 win season.
Early rumors are Carr is willing to take less money ( upcoming new contract) in an effort to sign his best friend Devante Adams.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:22 am

So we're going to give Carr $35M.

Then KC will have Mahommes, LAC will have Herbert, DEN will draft Pickett, and we'll have the worst QB in the AFCW for years to come.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 am

So we're going to give Carr $35M.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. If Carr is gone, who takes his place right now, in this time? No QB coming out of college worth drafting as a franchise QB. No QB in FA worth signing that is affordable and/or NOT old. Maybe RW is still young enough, but I honestly don't think he's much better than Carr at skill level.

Rodgers and Wilson are the only two I would consider. Rodgers is great, but how much longer will he play? If we were to get him and we go to the show... How do we replace him when we would be picking last... even if there was a QB to draft that was/is franchise quality? I would love to have Rodgers, but It would only be a limited time we would have him... then what?

I think sticking with Carr for a while longer is the best thing to do; and you know I have had my negative opinions of him over the years. Maybe this will add some food for thought???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xf9kP6MysI

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:21 am

"If we were to get him and we go to the show... How do we replace him when we would be picking last..."

That's a pretty fuckin good problem to have, bro. Do you think we can have that problem with Carr under center?

And does the SEEMING lack of QB availability right now (you failed to mention Deshaun Watson, though I'm sure you don't want him) justify tying ourselves to Carr for the next 4-5 years for BIG money? I watched the Phins make this exact mistake with Tannehill and they paid for it big-time. The guy just didn't work for that team for whatever reason.

Fuck man, go get Gardner Minshew for this season if need be, draft or trade or sign the franchise next year.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum