Credit where credit is due!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Credit where credit is due!

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:35 pm

Whether we decide to keep Carr or not in the off-season, he deserves credit for keeping this team afloat and giving us a chance to the dance. Nobody thought we would go into Indianapolis and win a playoff contender, but the win is in the bag thanks to Carr and an impressive defensive performance.
All while losing Gruden, Ruggs,Waller, amd the laundry list of other players.
I keep going back to wanting to provide him a true #1 WR ( D-Adams) and seeing what he could do. Afams continually gets open, and makes the wr position look easy. Something he hasn't had since his college days. If we somehow beat a better chargers team this Sunday night, he may play out his final year in Vegas.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Credit where credit is due!

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:08 pm

Dude....you guys go radio silent at a time like this lol.?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:08 pm

I just found out " Rip" ( Cole Hauser) is a huge Raiders fan.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:02 pm

piratepride wrote:Dude....you guys go radio silent at a time like this lol.?

Not much to talk about...lol. We made it in! Let's see what they're made of now.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:45 pm

I meant to add....Rip from Yellowstone.
Anyway, not looking forward to the cold Cincinnati weather. We all know how we do in the cold, but this feels different. Time will tell.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 am

The cold is better than playing KC...lol. Maybe the Steelers can take them out.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:27 pm

We went 5-2 over our final 7 games. Sounds great when you say it like that.

We won those 5 games by an average margin of 3 points. We are winning ugly, getting lucky.

Luck runs out in the playoffs. You can't play like this and win in the playoffs.

As far as Carr, the dude had a 56% completion rate against LA, for a 186 yds. Against the #23 defense. Carr didn't do the team any favors out there. Yeah he got us into piosition for a LOOONG FG in the end, but with all the fucking opportunities he failed to take advantage of throughout the game, we never should have been in that spot.

Hayward got us an INT and all Carr was able to do was pick up 30 yds to set up a 52-yd FG try. We are really lucky we have Carlson, but some day he's not going to be able to pull Carr's ass out of the fire. We have to move the fucking ball. But we were up by 12 points at the time and the FG made it 15, this team thinks it can put the fucking car in neutral with a lead like that and just start drinking beer and laughing it up, throwing away entire series.

With 10 min left in the 4th qtr, up by 15 points, Herbert RIPS US THE FUCK UP, completing 9 passes in a TD drive that culminates in a 23-yd TD to Palmer. Up by only 7 now, what does Carr do? Well, Mariota picks up 8 yds, Renfrow loses 4 and then Carr takes a 10-yd sack. A total 3-and-out shit show. Tell me, why the FUCK does this team act like we have the luxury of throwing away entire series??

I have no fucking faith in Carr. He's coasting on Maxx and Ngakoue and Hayward right now. And Jacobs, in this particular game. He's playing average football. Aside from this LA game, we've been scoring 16 fucking pts.

We're about to get bounced the fuck out of the playoffs by Burrow, UNLESS Maxx and Ngakoue can maul the fuck out of him. This team has the #18 defense, they're a better team than LA. They're #5 against the run, they'll force Carr to beat them and that won't work out well for us. Burrow is the next incarnation of Brady. They have big-time receiving threats, and we don't have DBs worth a shit.

CIN is favored by 5 pts. That might be a little too much, I think they win by 2-4 pts. Just because Maxx and Yannick are going to come to fucking play.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:45 pm

One other thing. Let's not forget how fucking COLD it's going to be in CIN, and let's not forget what a BITCH Carr is in cold weather.

If you can't tell, I'm fed up with this fucking guy, I've had enough of him.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:39 pm

If you can't tell, I'm fed up with this fucking guy, I've had enough of him.

I know. Like I said... let's see what they're made of... and Carr too.

With all that happened this season, I'm just happy it was a winning season. If we get bounced from the playoffs, it really isn't a big deal; they over achieved.

Might as well get ready to roll with Carr for another year because we aren't getting anyone better in FA or a trade... and there is no one worth drafting this year. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:54 am

I'm willing to give Carr this game to determine weather or not I want him next season. We all know Cincy is a damn good team, better than the Colts and probably a little better than LA bieng a home game...and in the cold no less.
Our backs are up against it, playing with house money at this point. Nobody thought we would be here including myself. This has a story book type feel to it.
My prediction- if the NFL officiating goes back to normal and jacks us up ( Jerome Boger is officiating this game), then we're screwed. It's very hard to win while the other team is getting the benefit of the doubt, and pur guys are getting laughable penalties. This is a factor that skews the win loss record Dead.
Remember the tuck rule, the Cowboy game where the ref laughed after pulling out the index card? This team looks alot different with not having to worry about the refs.

If Boger calls his typical " offsides " and " holdin" on us their won't be much Carr can do to pull a win out IMO.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum