Not thrilled about this draft.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Not thrilled about this draft.

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm

So I can tell you what I think about this draft now because we don’t have a 4th rounder and I don’t give a shit about anyone picked after the 4th round.

Koonce was ranked WAY the fuck back as a 5th rounder I think. Gotta say, I see another Arden Key coming.

Deablo is yet another fucking tweener and we’r going to change him into a LB when he’s been playing S. Why did we draft this fucker when we already have Muse? Seriously, we LITERALLY already have this fucking guy on our roster, but his name is Muse. Completely fucking ridiculous. We needed a REAL LB and Guys like Jabril Cox were there for the taking. So fuck Deablo.

Moehrig is going to have to show me that his back is OK, and that he really IS the best S in this class and a true FS. I really hope so, I didn’t spend any time looking at him, tbh. We’ve had a fucking HORRIBLE track record drafting safeties.

I’ve already said I hate drafting o-linemen in the first round. Leatherwood will be a good player for us on the right side, but that’s not what we should have been looking for with that pick. We should have been looking for a fucking playmaker.

So yeah, whatever. I’m hanging my hopes for next season on our young guys stepping up, on our new DC actually helping them reach their potential and on a few of our signings, particularly Ngakoue, John Brown, Drake and Nick Martin.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Not thrilled about this draft.

Postby DeadRinger » Sun May 02, 2021 12:42 am

By way of comparison, thought last year’s draft was damned good. The supposed reach for Ruggs didn’t bother me at all, still doesn’t. I believe that kid’s going to be better than Tyreek Hill. Of course, he won’t match the stats because Carr isn’t in Mahomes league. But he’ll be great. He’s not just some track guy, he’s damn sure a strong WR. I don’t consider Ruggs a reach.

The pick of Edwards really stoked me up, I thought he MIGHT wind up being a more prolific wideout than Ruggs for us. Mainly because Carr throws short a lot more than he throws long, and I expect Edwards to be that outside possession receiver for us.

I was good with the Arnette pick too, it wasn’t too bad of a reach, he was rated first half of round 2. I saw some mocks where he just made it into rd 1, like pick 31 or 32. So he was basically rated the same as Mullen was, so I was good with it. I liked the tape I saw of him.

We didn’t have many picks but I loved it. Playmakers.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Re: Not thrilled about this draft.

Postby DeadRinger » Sun May 02, 2021 12:45 am

2019 was even more exciting. Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram, Renfrow... I fuckin loved all those picks.

And then we got bonuses with Crosby and Moreau really making an immediate impact on the team.

What a GREAT fucking draft. Playmakers out the ass. Chain movers. TD machines. Ball hawks. Anchors. QB terrors.

Playmakers, man. Fuckin playmakers.

And they’re on their way. These guys have been severely hobbled by incompetence at the highest levels of coaching. But they’re going to show us all that Mayock didn’t make a bunch of mistakes.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum