JESUS CHRIST!!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

JESUS CHRIST!!

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 pm

How many first round reaches fo we have to endure??

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: JESUS CHRIST!!

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm

I felt the same way after the Kolton Miller selection. This is a reach, no doubt about it. I have to wonder if this was Gruden's doing or if Mike Mayock had a hand in it also.
I've been hearing this guy is arguably the best run blocker in the draft. He damn well better be! With Josh Jacobs and Drake coming in the coaching staff wants to remain a run oriented team. Hope Tom Cable can turn this guy into a power house for everyones sake. Cuz right now I'm still scratching my head.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:32 pm

That said, I didn't like Darrisaw at all. I wanted Slater or Vera Tucker / Teven Jenkins if it was OL.
Not Leatherwood.
Darrisaw is too soft and doesn't play with good pad level feom the few highlights I seen of him prior to the draft. Hoping Mayock pulls off some magic this weekend.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:18 am

The only consolation I have is that Cable MUST have signed off on this pick.

And I've seen profiles that question Leatherwood's toughness, question his mean streak, say he has NO punch, say he plays too high... If Cable DID sign ff on this, he has his work cut out for him.

But he is, without a doubt, an athletic freak. He absolutely DESTROYED his pro day, he was in the 98th and 99th percentiles in many activities like 40-yd dash, 3-cone, broad jump, vertical... Speed, quickness, he SHOULD fit well in our blocking scheme.

EDIT: I was just watching one of AL's games against Miss State.

One of the other knocks I've read about Alex is that sometimes he looks like he's not sure he knows who he's supposed to block. And that's evident on several plays in this game. I mean, dude, even if you're not sure, put your fucking hands on SOMEONE.

So I think all these things are correctable. I think even the issue with his punch can be corrected.

I hope that Richie can help instill a mean streak in him, and also help him out with some technique.

The bad news: Alex gave up a sack in this game, and it was DIRECTLY due to one of the other knocks on his game: he stops blocking too early. On this play, Mac Jones had to hold onto the ball a little longer than usual, and Alex was doing a textbook job of ushering the DE around the outside of the pocket and it looked like Alex just stopped moving with him and pushing him because he either thought Jones got rid of the ball or thought he SHOULD have gotten rid of the ball, I'm not sure which. So the DE gets free at the top of the arc, flushes Mac out of the pocket and tracks him down just a few steps later. A play like that is going to get Gruden fired the fuck up, I can tell you that.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum