Defense on obvious passing downs

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Defense on obvious passing downs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm

So with all the slag we're bringing in on the DL, I don't see a whole lot changing from a personnel standpoint, except for Ngakoue, of course. I see a "normal" DL of:

DE-Ngakoue
NT-Hankins
3T-Hurst
DE-Ferrell/Crosby

And on obvious passing downs I see

DE - Ngakoue
INT - Hurst
INT - Ferrell
DE - Crosby

Which is quite a bit of firepower coming after the QB, with Littleton and Kwiat at LB and a horrific-looking d-backfield IMO:

CB-Mullen/Johnson
CB-Arnette/Lawson
CB-Worley/Robertson
S-Abram
S-Heath

We'd BETTER find some playmakers for that d-backfield. Whether that's young guys stepping up or drafting dudes early or signing someone or trading for someone I don't fuckin' care, but we have to do SOMETHING about that bullshit quickly. IMO it has to be a S or CB in rd 1. Unless Parsons is there, he's the ONLY guy I make an exception for - and if he's there, then it's S or CB in rd 2.

Can't be an o-lineman in rd 1 or 2 because an o-line of

Miller
Incognito/Cotton
James/Martin
Martin/Simpson
Good/Parker/Young

Is MORE than serviceable, it's a GOOD o-line. We def need some depth on the interior on day 3. and should draft OT one of our rd 3 picks.

We really need to trade back in rd 1 and pick up another rd 2 pick. That would help immensely, we could pick up CB and either LB or Edge in rd 2, and we should still be able to land S Moehrig in rd 1.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum