We're opening up a SHIT-TON of cap space

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

We're opening up a SHIT-TON of cap space

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am

So I read that after the Trent trade we had something like $30M in space. Ditching Mariota would give us another $10M. Then they reworked Littleton and Kwiat and picked up like another $8 or 9.

We're looking at $40M - $50M in available cap space.

And we can set up backloaded contracts because the cap is so low this season and should be back on track next season and beyond.

That's a lot of room to do pretty much whatever the fuck we want in FA> We should EXPECT to see 3 or 4 GOOD signings.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: We're opening up a SHIT-TON of cap space

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 am

We should be adding a damn good CB, a damn good FS, a damn good LB and then go either DT or OT, with Edge in round 1 and the rest coming in the draft. We will have either Kwity Paye or Rousseau at #17 and should pull the trigger and not try to overthink this.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Re: We're opening up a SHIT-TON of cap space

Postby piratepride » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:21 pm

With the recent addition of Yannick Ngokue, what do we do at #17 now. Do we go DT in Barmore from Alabama, best RT available? I have a strong feeling WR Devonte Smith may be there for the taking also, but not sure I'd like yet again another smallish type player. Especially since I think signing Schuster may be on the horizon.
How about the free safety Moerigh? Either way, with Yannick in the fold it helps free us up come draft day.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum