I can't believe our recent FA signings - I blame coaching!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

I can't believe our recent FA signings - I blame coaching!

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 am

I look back at our recent FA signings - several of which we're ditching right now - and I just can't believe how badly they've flopped.

I mean, I REALLY liked a lot of these signings. For instance:

Maliek Collins - LOVED this signing, I thought it was criminal that we only inked him for ONE year! The guy didn't do jack shit for us. I blame Guenther for that. 100% I put that on Guenther, this fucking guy is an outright monster on the interior and Guenther turned him into a kitten.

Corey Littleton - EVERY single one of us loved this signing. Every one. A fast PROVEN coverage LB who could help us dramatically against the Chiefs. Was a liability. AGAIN, I blame Guenther.

Lamarcus Joyner - I loved this signing as well, because I thought he was going to be our new Safety. Then we moved him to CB and I thought "well, we're desperate. We'll fix the problem and move him to his real position." Never happened. ALL on Guenther.

And you can forget about the lower tier guys like Lawson, Nassib, Worley... Those guys never had a chance.

What do all those guys have in common? They're all DEFENDERS!

I mean, look at some of the offensive guys we brought in. Tyrell was lighting it up before he got injured. Darren Waller is fucking ALL-WORLD! Agholor came in here and wasn't really supposed to do shit, and ate the opponents' lunch. Incognito played great for us, and he'll probably come back again this season and play great again. We brought in Denzelle Good and he's turning in to a legit NFL starter. And Devontae Booker tore it up for us this past season, doing EXACTLY what we brought him in for, and a little more.

AB was a disaster, and so Trent Brown ultimately didn't pan out. But I don't put either of those guys on the coaching, those were bad signings. And shit, let's face it, they damn near KILLED Trent at one point, so... he was probably looking for his exit.

So there's a dichotomy here when you look at each side of the ball. FA failures on defense, even guys who were high-priced and SHOULD have made a big impact. FA success on offense, even guys who were low-priced and not expected to do much. And that's no coincidence.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: I can't believe our recent FA signings - I blame coachin

Postby silver & black » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:51 am

I agree with all of that. Hopefully, with Bradley as DC, this all gets fixed.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Re: I can't believe our recent FA signings - I blame coachin

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:57 am

I'm seeing a lot of articles out there cataloging all these FA signings and laying it on thick about how Mayock and Gruden have just been brutal failures in FA and, really, the draft.

I fuckin disagree. The signings were GOOD for the most part. I don't necessarily know about the contracts, maybe we overpaid some guys, but that happens all over the league. Collins, Littleton, Kwiat, even Heath - I like those signings. Joyner was a good signing, if only we'd played him at FS.

So there have been abject failures, yes, but not necessarily by the personnel department. IMO they handed Guenther everything he needed to be AT LEAST a middle of the pack D, and he failed motherfucking spectacularly. It's a fucking CRIME what's been done - or what HASN'T been done - with our fucking defense over the last 2-3 years. I mean, when you plug Maliek Collins in the center of your DL and he can't even sniff the fucking QB, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING FUCKING WRONG!!

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum