Sherman?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Sherman?

Postby silver & black » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Should we pursue Sherman in FA?

I have always wanted this guy to be a Raider. I know he is past his prime but, I think he would be a vocal, vet leader on this team. He's intelligent and articulate. Gruden loves vets. I think he would be an asset. Thoughts?

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Re: Sherman?

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am

YES.

There are other vet CBs who would work as well. But I want a vet CB in here who can still ball and who has a CHAMPIONSHIP pedigree who can show these bitches what it takes to be fucking great. Meaning, playing through pain, working your ass off, being a film junky, not being a fuckin lazy prick. Because I'm convinced that's what our defensive guys are doing.

Bradley has a serious job in front of him. He has to change a culture of not giving a shit into a culture of bringing it all on every down.

I think a lot of that could take care of itself just by the fact that Guenther won't be here anymore trying to change the way our fucking CBs backpedal and shit, trying to change the damn TECHNIQUE they've been using their entire life, cramming them into some shit they're not comfortable with and throwing them off from the very beginning. So I expect things to improve just because that shit shouldn't be happening anymore.

Let the fucking guys play, they're pro football players, let them play their game, let them do what they're comfortable with, let them use their instincts. I absolutely HATE coaches who refuse to use their players' strengths and try to CRAM them into something that doesn't work for them. Deangelo Hall is the best example I can think of this, although there are MANY more. He is just the most glaring IMO. We completely fucked that guy up, and he was a GREAT CB everywhere else he played.

I reserve my judgement on Maliek Collins and Corey Littleton until they get under a real DC. If they don't bounce back significantly this coming season, THEN I'll flame them.

And we wonder why our motherfucking defense SUCKS all the time, year in and year out...

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum