vs Chargers

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: vs Chargers

Postby piratepride » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:02 pm

All of us had these talks last year, and most were split on Carr, however we all agreed he wouldn't have any excuses this season. I stand by my word, and also think it's time for a change at QB. Pretty sure we've had the most players suffer from Covid or injuries in general, and I damn sure know we're 1st in stupid ass penalties or obvious calls that should have went our way...but we've been fighting the regs for decades. What else is new? It's time to hit the reset button!
Do we let Mariotta take over and spend the Carr savings on defense?
We can sign the likes of Lavonte David LB, Matt Judon DE, and either of the Vikings safeties set to hit free agency.
As much as I'd like to blame Carr for the losing, some of the blame needs to lie at Gruden's feet too. He needs to open up the playbook and attack next year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:29 pm

As much as I'd like to blame Carr for the losing, some of the blame needs to lie at Gruden's feet too. He needs to open up the playbook and attack next year.

Absolutely! I never wanted him back. He's like Carr... no killer instinct. He doesn't keep his foot on an opponent's neck when we have a lead. He's always been way too conservative with a lead. I'm just not a Gruden fan. He's a knowledgeable football man, but I think he's a more analytical coach than he is a blood and guts/kick their ass type of coach. "Just win baby" doesn't register with him. No wonder Al traded his ass...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 am

I think Gruden has the WRONG idea about what the WC offense is supposed to be. Apparently he thinks it's supposed to be some kind of humble, force-the-run, hog-the-clock no matter what, "time of possession is everything" type of offensive scheme. And I think Bill Walsh would VOMIT if he read that.

EVERY SINGLE offensive scheme in the NFL MUST be an all-out attacking, RUTHLESS scheme. There is no room for exceptions, there is no path to success for any other type of scheme. Period.

And Walsh's/Seifert's WC system was a fucking MONSTER.

In 18 seasons with Montana and Young at the helm, the 9ers were TOP-FIVE in points scored in TWELVE of those seasons. They were number 1 or number 2 in SIX of them.

And they were top-10 in EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

They were to-5 in point differential in SIXTEEN of those 18 seasons. They were fucking KILLING teams.

THAT's what you're supposed to do with the WC offense. It's not a fucking TURTLE, it's a fucking HARE.

Those are the FACTS, Gruden, and if you've ever read any of my posts, read THIS ONE.

Now you might say "sure, but we don't have their personnel." BULLSHIT! We don't really know what kind of personnel we have because Gruden and Carr are holding them all back! Neither one of them is worth a shit at pulling the trigger when it needs to be pulled.

Jesus, this is depressing.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum