Super Bowl Predictions

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Super Bowl Predictions

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm not going to predict we go to the Bowl, although there's a slim chance that could happen if our young guys take a leap forward, we gel together, everything goes right for us and things go wrong for some of our opponents.

Looking at the AFC:

The Steelers look as strong as they've looked since the last time they won it all, but I don't see them going all the way against some VERY serious AFC competition.

The Ravens live and die by the legs of Lamar Jackson. So they will die by them. Too many good D's in the AFC that can hold him in check. And I'm not basing my prediction on this, but I think Jackson is going to get broken a la Dak at some point this season. Maybe not as seriously, maybe just out a handful of games, but enough to stick a fork in them. Aside from that, that offense just doesn't have the consistency it needs to take it to the house.

Bills are strong but, much like the Ravens, inconsistent. They may achieve greater consistency by the time the post season rolls around, but I wouldn't bet on it.

For my money, I'm picking between KC and TEN. TEN is more consistent while KC is more explosive. People think TEN is all Henry, but if you sleep on Tannehill he will carve you the fuck up. When Brown and Humphries are both healthy it's a dangerous O, and Corey Davis is a disappointment but still dangerous.

Raiders showed the league the blueprint for beating the Chiefs, and I REALLY like what TEN is doing. IF Henry stays healthy throughout, I have no doubt TEN will be in the SB. If he goes down for any length of time they still have a really good shot.

So I'm picking TEN to rep the AFC in the SB.

Looking at the NFC:

This is a lot harder. There's inconsistency all over the place in the NFC, everywhere except, seemingly, SEA. Problem is, SEA hasn't beaten anybody good. Every single one of their opponents so far has a losing record except the fuckin Dolphins, of all teams. So really, a 5-0 record for SEA at this point is a gimme. And they didn't win all those games in dominant fashion. So even though Wilson is having one of the4 best years a QB can possibly have, I'm not going to say it will be SEA, who will prob be most people's obvious, bandwagon choice.

The Bears at 5-1 are a total sham. They've played a lot of losers too. I don't think that, even at 5-1, anyone will say CHI is a SB contender. Even with a magician like Foles under center.

Brady is making things really interesting in TB. I don't think anyone wants to have to play that team (I certainly don't want to). Gronk's getting going, Brady's spreading the ball around, and that defense is going nuts. I think they'll go deep in the playoffs but I think there are stronger teams.

Speaking of stronger teams, GB looked monstrous before their loss to TB. I don't know what happened - Arians had the perfect game plan on against them or whatever - but I don't think it would happen again if the 2 teams had to play each other in the playoffs. This season, Rodgers has looked like Joe Burrow did last year when he was dominating the entire college football universe with LSU. He's just got it ALL going on, he's making shitty receivers look like HOF'ers. He's in the top-3 discussion for MVP, beyond a shadow of a doubt. PLUS, Aaron Jones is running for 5.2 ypc. And that's BETTER than Derrick Henry (4.8).

I'm predicting GB for the NFC.

Looking at the Super Bowl:

So there you have my prediction. Super Bowl:

TEN vs GB

Aaron Rodgers will pull some magic out of his ass and GB will defeat TEN in the SB.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum