2021 Draft - QBs

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

2021 Draft - QBs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:40 am

I'm getting tired of watching Carr's shit game after game.

I'm looking at the next draft and there are some pretty damn good arms coming out.

Obviously there's Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. Getting one of those guys would be really good, although I don't like running QBs. Fields seems to be a pretty accurate passer, I need to watch more of him.

Beyond those 2 there are a couple guys who are tearing it up this season.

A lot of people are talking about Trey Lance, but I wouldn't touch that kid. Not nearly enough experience, you really have no idea what you're going to wind up wiht other than a guy who can run the ball.

Kyle Trask out of FL is killing it, has his team ranked #4 so far, and no signs of letting up. He's not going to do anything for us with his legs, but I don't give a rip about that. He's completing 72% with 10 passing TDs after 2 games, which is more than Trevor Lawrence has after 3 games. He has destroyed 2 SEC teams.

BUT the guy I've been looking hard at is Mac Jones in AL. This past game against #13 A&M, dude looked like Burrow did last year. He lit them the fuck up at every single level, dropping balls in with pinpoint precision whether the pass was 5 yards or 50 yards downfield. He's completing 76% with 6 TDs (AL likes to run it in behind their big ass hogs - Najee Harris has 5 rushing TDs so far). I think Saban is going to start getting behind this kid more and more, and we're going to see a meteoric rise up the draft boards for him. His accuracy at every level is just amazing. He could take FULL advantage of a guy like Ruggs IMO.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that I think there are at least 4 guys who would be major upgrades over Carr. So even if we don't have a shot at Trevor, we can still get a guy who can take us where we need to go.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: 2021 Draft - QBs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Watching Kyle Trask again. We need that fucker.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:38 pm

I'm a Buckeyes homer............. Fields is the real deal. Having said that... who knows how he would pan out in the NFL.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:54 pm

I question the opposition Fields faces. And I don’t trust running QBs.

I thought Cam Newton was a good passer coming out of Auburn, I was fuckin wrong. So I just don’t want any more of these fucking running QBs. Terrell Pryor was enough for me. And by the way wasn’t he a damn buckeye too?

Pretty much the only one I’ve ever seen who’s truly legit is Wilson, and it’s debatable if he’s actually a running QB.

I just want a fucking passer. A dude who stands back there and slings dimes all over the field.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Yea, I'm not a big running QB fan. Fields seems to be fairly accurate, but I don't want him for the Raiders. Terrell was a Buckeye, but he was predominately a running back playing QB, IMO.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:38 am

One of the reasons I think Trask should be the guy is that he's dominating the best defenses in college football. He's not playing ACC trash like Lawrence (don't get me wrong, I like Lawrence), or the crap Fields plays against. SEC defenses are stout as hell. And every one of the teams he has beaten so far this season has been an SEC team. He's completing 69% and averaging 361 yds and 4.7 TDs per game against them.

Go through his opponents, you see Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, South Carolina, Georgia and Arkansas.

Fields has played Rutgers, Penn State and Nebraska, and hasn't been NEARLY as dominant as Trask has.

I watched Trask hang 474 passing yds and 4 TDs on UGA. Granted, the Bulldogs' defense isn't as good as people thought it would be going into this season but they're still a top-15 team.

The kid's 6'5", 240 lbs and can launch it with great deep accuracy.

And btw, he throws to a WR named Kyle Pitts who would make a great addition to our team as well.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 am

By the way there's one other dude I want as well. Mac Jones from AL. He's playing even better than Trask, but he also has better weapons than Trask does.

But Mac, in particular, is a deep ball artist. Just lays them in right over the shoulder on the run, things of beauty that make me want to cry.

Either one of these kids would be an instant upgrade, because they can both throw all over the field, at all levels, with great accuracy.

And nobody's talking about these guys as the best QBs in the draft. They're talking about Lawrence (rightly) and Fields (overrated IMO), but then they veer off into some bad territory IMO with guys like Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. I'd take EITHER Trask or Jones over either one of those guys. So I think the supposed experts are really getting this shit wrong.

BUT that means one of these 2 kids is likely to be sitting there for us when out 1st round pick comes up. And if we have a shot at either Trask or Jones, we ABSOLUTELY need to pull the trigger. Because these two guys have been ripping defenses new assholes in the big-boy league. They're ready to play in the pros.

You guys want to get rid of Carr? THIS is the year to do it. We bring on his replacement, let Carr play out his contract, make the switch mid-season and move on for good.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum