We only signed Collins for 1 year. WHY?!?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

We only signed Collins for 1 year. WHY?!?

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:15 pm

This is just dumb. This dude is a legit centerpiece on the DL. why the fuck wouldn’t we lock him up?? And why would HE sign a 1-yr deal? What am I missing here?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: We only signed Collins for 1 year. WHY?!?

Postby silver & black » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Yea..... I don't know. This franchise continues to boggle the mind... no matter the ownership, coaching or GM.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:31 pm

I often think these 1 year deals are for both the player and the yeam. Most guys that sign these deals ( Karl Joseph) are good players, but over estimated thier value or listened to thier agents bullshit. So they bet on themselves to have kick ass years and resign to a multi year deal after. This is usually what happens with these incentive laden deals IMO.
I agree though,Collins is a kick ass player, maybe they're thinking of DT early and to cut PJ Hall?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 am

piratepride wrote:I often think these 1 year deals are for both the player and the yeam. Most guys that sign these deals ( Karl Joseph) are good players, but over estimated thier value or listened to thier agents bullshit. So they bet on themselves to have kick ass years and resign to a multi year deal after. This is usually what happens with these incentive laden deals IMO.
I agree though,Collins is a kick ass player, maybe they're thinking of DT early and to cut PJ Hall?

FUCK DT early, I'll take Collins over anyone who would fall to us at 12. You know, that idiot who fell from a 2-story hotel room window was supposed to be great and the Chiefs - or whoever it was - couldn't wait to unload him. Fuck the draft, give me the guy who has been beating the shit out of NFL players for years.

And I don't understand why Collins didn't find a long-term, higher-paying deal elsewhere. It's a bad deal all-around.

Aside from Littleton, Collins was our best signing by far.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum