Terrelle Pryor similar to Colin Kaepernick

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Terrelle Pryor similar to Colin Kaepernick

Postby blazin1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Is Terrelle Pryor of the Oakland Raiders similar to Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers? They could be very similar and their playing style can be very successful. Kaepernick is already at the Super Bowl and has a chance to prove that QBs with legs can win it.

It was reported in Ibttimes.com on Wednesday that Kaepernick’s success might open up a chance for Pryor to get the starting position for the Raiders next season due to the similarities they have.

Kaepernick has proven that his running abilities can be used to deceive any defense. The quarterback has used his legs to make stunning runs, giving defenses a harder time to read what is coming at them.

The San Franciscan QB has also a nice arm in which he is able to throw deep. His accuracy equals to many QBs in the NFL league and it is very exceptional.

Kaepernick is also big-sized and, when he breaks deep with one of his stunning run plays, many secondary cornerbacks have a hard time bringing him down.

Terrelle Pryor has all of these abilities as well. He can make his legs work like a running back, can throw deep, and is pretty big, making him hard to tackle.

This is something that Carson Palmer doesn’t have. In fact, Palmer is not known for scrambling much. Instead, he is very dependent on his super accurate arm.

In the end, the game has changed since the introduction of super-scrambling QBs. Pryor could be the answer for the Oakland Raiders if they choose to go that route.

LINK: http://www.examiner.com/article/terrelle-pryor-similar-to-colin-kaepernick

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Terrelle Pryor similar to Colin Kaepernick

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

I am not sure if this is an accurate comparison, part of the reason that I liked Kaepernick in the draft was his impressive mid-range accuracy, meanwhile Pryor, not so much.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby blazin1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Tenebrous wrote:I am not sure if this is an accurate comparison, part of the reason that I liked Kaepernick in the draft was his impressive mid-range accuracy, meanwhile Pryor, not so much.

Pryor needs more coaching but some things cannot be taught. With no accuracy you're just another Tebow.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

blazin1 wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:I am not sure if this is an accurate comparison, part of the reason that I liked Kaepernick in the draft was his impressive mid-range accuracy, meanwhile Pryor, not so much.

Pryor needs more coaching but some things cannot be taught. With no accuracy you're just another Tebow.

Tebow is no longer with the Broncos, so I have no problem with him. To your larger point - yeah, accuracy concerns are troubling. However, while difficult and rare for significant increases, improving accuracy in the NFL is not impossible -- http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/26151/when-are-qb-accuracy-rates-important

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby 790thSFS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 pm

kaepernick is a mouse looking nigga.

we still need wr's.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 am

I DON NOT like NFL QBs who rely heavily on putting up 1000 yds rushing to win games. Not because they CAN'T win games like that, but because they won't be winning for long. They get broken. And some of them get broken really fast. RGIII had the Skins in the hunt, he gets knocked out, boom it's over. Let me tell you something when you're running around and you get hit by a massive freak athlete like Ngata you're in trouble.

The odds of it happening to a QB during a play where he's running are MUCH higher than if he's in the pocket or at least still behind the LOS. RGIII rushed 120 times last season. Kaepernick ran 63 times in only 7 starts. And the young guys think they're made of steel trying to pick up another 2 fucking yards. People, that's just begging to get broken. Then you don't have your starting QB's his 1000 rushing yds, or his 5-10 rushing TDs, and your entire offense falls the fuck apart.

I'll take Tom Brady over Mike Vick/RGIII/Kaepernick/Pryor any damn day of the week. How many games has Brady missed over his career?

What you REALLY need is a guy like Gannon or Rodgers who can move but would MUCH rather throw from the pocket. Those guys are smart enough to know exactly when and how to run (Gannon's neck-breaking idiotic play aside). Neither Kaepernick nor RGIII fit that description and their highly touted careers could be extremely short because of it. Kaepernick better go for the big new contract THIS offseason. He may very well never get another chance at one.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby rdrphsh72 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:16 am

Personally I think TP is better than CK based on bias of being a R8R fan, true CK had a great collegiate career although who did UNR play? Can that really compare to being a buckeye?

rdrphsh72
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tenebrous » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

rdrphsh72 wrote:Personally I think TP is better than CK based on bias of being a R8R fan, true CK had a great collegiate career although who did UNR play? Can that really compare to being a buckeye?

Fair point - it's one that many have considered. However, TP didn't get a chance to really mature as a QB at Ohio State. Conversely, many saw growth in CK at UN. In the end, TP should sit for at least one more season, however the Raiders need an OC/HC that can play to his strengths - especially while maturing to a pro-QB; I am not sure Olson is the right guy.

Last edited by Tenebrous on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I DON NOT like NFL QBs who rely heavily on putting up 1000 yds rushing to win games. Not because they CAN'T win games like that, but because they won't be winning for long. They get broken. And some of them get broken really fast. RGIII had the Skins in the hunt, he gets knocked out, boom it's over. Let me tell you something when you're running around and you get hit by a massive freak athlete like Ngata you're in trouble.

The odds of it happening to a QB during a play where he's running are MUCH higher than if he's in the pocket or at least still behind the LOS. RGIII rushed 120 times last season. Kaepernick ran 63 times in only 7 starts. And the young guys think they're made of steel trying to pick up another 2 fucking yards. People, that's just begging to get broken. Then you don't have your starting QB's his 1000 rushing yds, or his 5-10 rushing TDs, and your entire offense falls the fuck apart.

I'll take Tom Brady over Mike Vick/RGIII/Kaepernick/Pryor any damn day of the week. How many games has Brady missed over his career?

What you REALLY need is a guy like Gannon or Rodgers who can move but would MUCH rather throw from the pocket. Those guys are smart enough to know exactly when and how to run (Gannon's neck-breaking idiotic play aside). Neither Kaepernick nor RGIII fit that description and their highly touted careers could be extremely short because of it. Kaepernick better go for the big new contract THIS offseason. He may very well never get another chance at one.

I am telling you, next season keep an eye out for B. Hundley out of UCLA - strong arm, strong down field accuracy,understands the game, and has running ability - yet, is by far a pass first QB; he'll scramble for more time, but will not just run when pressured slightly. Coming out of college, if Hundley continues to improve, no doubt he'll be ahead of CK. However, the question is whether the Raiders will know what they have in TP before Hundley enters the draft.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 am

Tenebrous wrote:I am telling you, next season keep an eye out for B. Hundley out of UCLA - strong arm, strong down field accuracy,understands the game, and has running ability - yet, is by far a pass first QB; he'll scramble for more time, but will not just run when pressured slightly. Coming out of college, if Hundley continues to improve, no doubt he'll be ahead of CK. However, the question is whether the Raiders will know what they have in TP before Hundley enters the draft.
Don't you fear bringing a really young guy like that into Olson's offense? I mean Olson didn't exactly light it up with Gabbert. Let's face it, he hasn't lit it up with anybody. Hundley could easily come into that situation and die on the vine.

I'll take your word on his abilities. Never seen him. But you're making him out to be the next Elway.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum