What if Herbert is sitting there for us at 12??

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

What if Herbert is sitting there for us at 12??

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 pm

I ask this because I just saw this very scenario in a mock.

What would you do if Herbert was sitting there for some bizarre reason, blinking like the lights on a Christmas tree, and we could have him without having to give up ANYTHING??

I would take him. In a heartbeat. This kid reminds me of a more intelligent, much more accurate, rich man's Josh Allen. Same arm strength, same level of mobility, same elite size and athleticism... Of course, Allen NEVER put up numbers anywhere close to Herbert's 67% completion rate, or his 32:6 TD:INT ratio. Herbert's accuracy is light years ahead of Allen's.

So Herbert's going to be a much better pro IMO, and that's saying a lot because I loved what Josh Allen did for the Bills in the 2nd half of the season last year. Around wks 6 to 12, Allen looked like a light had come on.

Anyway, you take Herbert and then take Justin Jefferson at 19.

And try to trade Carr during the draft to someone who'd be willing to give me a 2nd rounder for him, or a 3rd and 4th or some shit.

Serious as a heart attack, I'd make that move so fuckin fast, I wouldn't even answer the phone for anyone wanting to trade up to my spot.

And then I'd use the money from ditching Carr's contract to sign CB Logan Ryan.

What say you?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: What if Herbert is sitting there for us at 12??

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:07 pm

That's a tough one. Probably take him and then trade him for more picks or a player we really need/want. I'm not as sold on him as I was earlier. I want Trevor Lawrence next year, so maybe that is clouding my judgement. I'm good at this draft stuff...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Re: What if Herbert is sitting there for us at 12??

Postby piratepride » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 pm

I want Lawrence too. Keep Carr, give him weapons, and if he stinks it up Mariota will take over week 8 and guarantee us a top 3 pick.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum