I'm convinced we're not picking CeeDee Lamb

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

I'm convinced we're not picking CeeDee Lamb

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:48 am

Even if he's on the board for us.

I think it will be either Ruggs or Jeudy, whichever one is sitting there.

One main reason: We saw what Gruden was trying to get when he traded for Antonio Brown last season, and Lamb is NOT that. Gruden wants the speed and route-running he would have gotten from Brown, and for my money that's Jeudy.

After watching more film on Jeudy I'm not as concerned about him being Cooper part 2. He shows a lot more heart on the field than Cooper ever did, fighting for yardage, fighting for the ball. And he has unbelievable moves - he's better than Cooper with the ball in his hands. So I think Jeudy is what we always hoped Cooper would be, only a bit faster and smoother. He has a high, high floor, a very polished WR. He will be better than Cooper could ever hope to be in the NFL.

And if Jeudy is not there, it will be Ruggs. Ruggs has all the speed and he runs decent routes but needs some work there. But he also fights hard on the field, and has great hands, even better than Jeudy's.

So if you want to compare Ruggs to Jeudy, Ruggs is faster and has slightly better hands but he's also more raw, and not as slippery as Jeudy with the ball in his hands. But his ceiling is higher than Jeudy's.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: I'm convinced we're not picking CeeDee Lamb

Postby silver & black » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am

As long as Jeudy is really into playing football, I'm all for it. I'm tired of half assed, unmotivated players. I know he's the most capable WR in the draft. I just want him to be fired up to play if he ends up a Raider.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:50 am

I've been seeing more and more film breakdowns from experts and it really is split. I will say I'm much higher on Juedy now also. Looking at all the twitter replies from Raiders fans, it appears Lamb is the heavy favorite also.
I think everyone realizes Lamb's a different mold, different than anything we've ever had before. He's going to be a true #1 take it to the house game wrecker who looks to make the splash wow plays. He just expects it. I'll throw him in the Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson mold ( mentality only), right now. Juedy to me fits what Gruden wants, he's a route master who can beat 80% of the leagues corners week one so long as he masters the Raiders offense. Josh Jacobs surprised me how quickly he mastered the offense, Juedy shouldn't have any issues at all as Alabama demands so much from the players.
I'll root for any one of these guys really, I think I'm just a little gun shy when it comes to WR.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:26 pm

First of all, Calvin Johnson was the single greatest WR prospect I've ever seen come out of college. Calvin was 6'5", 230 lbs and ran a 4.35. OK, Lamb is nothing like Calvin, Fitz is not like Calvin - there has never been anyone like Calvin and probably never will be again. And WE could have had him!!

Anyway, I don't think Lamb is better ENOUGH than Jeudy or Ruggs (if he's better at all) to justify risking his off-field issues. The word is he likes to party pretty hard. And we know how Mayock wants to take foundational guys who have the right character.

Besides, I think they're looking for that prototypical outside guy, the explosive, fast, smooth X. And Lamb ran the slowest of all 3 and also had the lowest vertical and was out-jumped by Ruggs. So by no means is Lamb somehow the best or most explosive athlete among these top 3 WRs.

I'm looking at things right now and thinking our pick is going to be Ruggs. Because this kid is going to demand S help on every single play, and if they don't provide it, Carr will have home run opportunities galore. So when it comes to opening up our offense and creating opportunities to do all kinds of things with Waller/Moreau, Renfrow and Jacobs and even Tyrell, Ruggs will be the most help in all those departments.

Ruggs is going to change the way DCs scheme against us more than any other offensive player we could draft. And I think, after watching what Hill has done for KC, Gruden is going to be all over that. I think Ruggs can do everything Hill can and MORE. I absolutely believe Ruggs can be BETTER than Hill.

And I also believe that if we pass on Ruggs, we're going to live to regret it. He's a dangerous, dangerous man.

And I've abandoned my pursuit of Justin Jefferson. Even though he ran faster than both lamb and Jeudy, he's mostly a highly reliable slot guy (although he has better speed and athleticism than either Jeudy OR Lamb) and I think we have the guy we want there for years to come. I think we need another big-bodied dude to take Tyrell's place, so I think if we double down it should be with Tee Higgins. We could trade back several spots and still grab him.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 am

OBJ is on the trade block, looks like the pick will probably be Ruggs now.
Browns more than likely will get Juedy, and assuming Lamb gets passed by the Jags, the Jets will select him right before us no doubt.
Ruggs it is.
I'd rather go Juedy over Ruggs today, but looking on the bright side ( if it does fall like this) we'll be able to return the favor to SF and steal the player coveted by Denver also!
Denver wants Ruggs sooo bad.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:06 am

OBJ has underachieved everywhere he's been.

Browns will demand a 1st rounder, and I don't see Mayock coughing one up to take on an underachieving diva with an overblown contract. I think there are 3, maybe 4 guys in this draft who can produce BETTER for us than OBJ, and certainly longer, and certainly cheaper.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 pm

There's been some smoke of an OBJ to Minnesota trade.
If Browns unload him, they'd habe an immediate need at WR. If not,
The wildcard teams to me are Jags, Arizona ( Fitz probably playing in last year) and Jets. Never know with the Jets man.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:32 am

piratepride wrote:There's been some smoke of an OBJ to Minnesota trade.
If Browns unload him, they'd habe an immediate need at WR. If not,
The wildcard teams to me are Jags, Arizona ( Fitz probably playing in last year) and Jets. Never know with the Jets man.

Yeah, but they'd still be a long way ahead of us. They'd still have Landry, a 1200-yd player for them last season. So it's not like their only guys are Tyrell and Renfrow. If I was them, in this deep WR class, I'd be looking to keep Mayfield upright in the 1st rd, then going for another weapon, maybe, in the 2nd.

I'm not sure what their D looks like. I DO know they let their starting ILB walk...

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum