Draft worst case scenario

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Draft worst case scenario

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 am

The more draft sites I visit the more I get a sense there's going to be a shit ton of offensive line selections before #12. Then I imagine a worse case scenario where teams like the Giants, Arizona, Browns, Panthers and especially Jets don't pick like they should. The teams mentioned above all need O line badly, as well as WR. What may save us is if there's a trade for a QB within the top 4 for Tua, then the odd man out may habe to reach for Jordon Love.
Giants can easily select Juedy or a top flight OL
Jets need both OL and WR in the worst way
Panthers need just about everything, would they het Bridgewater a shiny new weapon in Lamb?
Browns are a wildcard, do they sense a coming OBJ trainwreck ahead and get younger/cheaper and go WR....hell they can even snag Ruggs here if both wideouts are gone leaving us high and dry.

The point of this thread is who the hell we going with if both WRs are gone by the time our clock starts clicking?
Ding da da da ding diinggg.....
Go!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Draft worst case scenario

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 am

Not to mention Arizona. They're looking to win via high powered offense this year, Larry Fitzgerald may be in his last year, do they get thier future star and Kyler Murray's favorite college WR in Lamb?
I sure as hell hope not. Lamb is the tough competitor we need, at this point I hope to God he gets to us. If not, hoping Mayock doesn't reach for his cornerback here.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Henry Ruggs, no question about it. No question that if both Jeudy and Lamb are gone, Ruggs is the pick. I might even take Ruggs over both those guys because:

1. Jeudy reminds me way too much of Amari Cooper
2. I'm reading a lot about how Lamb really likes to party, and we don't fucking need that.

Ruggs, on the other hand, has Tyreek Hill-level speed, and I read that last season he ONLY DROPPED ONE FUCKING PASS all season long. So yeah, flaming speed and hands like fly paper. And now we have Jason Witten to mentor him on route running and how to find spots in zones. Plus he's like Josh Jacobs in that he doesn't have a ton of wear and tear on him.

FUCK YES, sign me up.

And I think our fresh meat Newark Raider would agree with me.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:29 pm

OR we could pick up the best available CB at 12 and then take Justin Jefferson at 19. Ive been talking about this kid since before the season ended. Nobody wants to talk about him in the same sentence as the top-3 or 4 guys, but I'm betting this kid is going to be one of the eye-opening rookies of this class.

Assuming his new team has a QB worth a shit, of course.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

So Robby Anderson just signed a deal with Carolina, which tells me they may have had a WR on thier minds as well.
Now, Jets are without a true #1 WR, hope they go OL.
Still leaves Arizona, Jets and possibly Giants to worry about.
Would Mike go OL specifically OG like Tristan Wirfs to replace Gabe Jackson? Richie Incognito is a stud, but can he keep it up for two more years?
Trent Brown can be a stud anytime he chooses, but will he elect to sit games out if he sprains an ankle like last season?
Once again, my perfect draft would be Cedee Lamb and Murray the LB or best available CB based on need.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:11 pm

We don't need to replace Gabe. He's still on the roster.

Even if we did, I don't think we'd go w a OG in rd 1. I don't thing Gruden would ever draft G in rd 1. But also, I think the really like Good.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Jeudy reminds me way too much of Amari Cooper

Agree 100%. I don't want him.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Newark Raider 820 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 am

DeadRinger wrote:Henry Ruggs, no question about it. No question that if both Jeudy and Lamb are gone, Ruggs is the pick. I might even take Ruggs over both those guys because:

1. Jeudy reminds me way too much of Amari Cooper
2. I'm reading a lot about how Lamb really likes to party, and we don't fucking need that.

Ruggs, on the other hand, has Tyreek Hill-level speed, and I read that last season he ONLY DROPPED ONE FUCKING PASS all season long. So yeah, flaming speed and hands like fly paper. And now we have Jason Witten to mentor him on route running and how to find spots in zones. Plus he's like Josh Jacobs in that he doesn't have a ton of wear and tear on him.

FUCK YES, sign me up.

And I think our fresh meat Newark Raider would agree with me.
.......100% agree, Ruggs skill set is unlike anyone the Raiders have had since maybe Warren Wells..{speed and great hands]..and WW speed was not in the ball park of Ruggs...to be honest my biggest disappointment with free agency was not getting a REAL free safty

Newark Raider 820
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Newark Raider 820 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 am

Another WR im really high on is Tyler Johnson of the Golden Gophers of Minnesota..big 6'2"..212 lbs..fast 4.4...and catches everything..check his tapes out on youtube..i watched 3 Gopher games this year and he had me saying WOW

Newark Raider 820
Rookie
Rookie

Postby silver & black » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 am

I just watched a few highlight vids of this guy. He looks like OBJ, only with a better motor. I wouldn' be upset if were to pick him up.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum