Chinese Virus Lockdown

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Chinese Virus Lockdown

Postby blazin1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Is everyone stuck at home or are some of you still out and about? I'm just staying home personally. Hopefully you all prepared some before people went nuts and bought everything up.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Do you think the season is going to get canceled because of this crap?

#Trump2020

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Chinese Virus Lockdown

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:34 pm

My family and I are home, my work is allowing our work center to rotate days teleworking.
All the toilet paper is gone, and alot of shelves looking barren at the stores.

Vegas just approved work on the stadium is critical, so if the season hets cancelled, it'll be by the NFL.
I sure as shit hope not though, can you imagine?
By then, I'm hoping this blows over and people start complaining to return to normalcy.
Sports is a major pass time go figure!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:53 am

We're all at home except for my idiot daughter who thought it would be really cool to go down to Destin FL for spring break. So I won't be seeing her for a long time bc even after she gets back I won't be around her for weeks until I'm sure she's not infected.

I work for a global software company and we're fully capable of 100% remote work, so there's really no problem there. Only problem will come when all these psychos keep freaking out and the economy tanks and people start losing jobs.

I'm just waiting for Trump to break out the tax relief for families so I get more $$ in my damn paycheck!!

Went to the store yesterday and got pretty much everything we needed except the aforementioned toilet paper. I even got some anti bacterial soap!! And a ton of food, including ground beef, bread, all kinds of shit. They're setting limits in stuff though, so I was only able to get 2 things of bread and soap.

Here's your tip of the day: The key is to find out when your local store's truck comes in. Then wait for about 18-24 hours after it comes in and go shopping, gives them time to get shit out on the shelves. And go during the day while people are working, like about 1pm, you'll be surprised what you'll find. So just ask the manager or a senior customer service puke.

Also, we're ordering dinner from local restaurants to try to keep them afloat. they're getting hammered with this shit.

I honestly don't think this is going to affect the season at all. I don't think this thing is as bad as swine or SARS, and neither of those things cause ANYTHING like the freak-out people are going off on right now.

STAY SAFE, Nation brothers. Especially YOU, old man S&B. Can't afford to have my wing man getting knocked off by some bullshit junk Chinese virus.

2020 season. Vegas. Playoffs.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:53 pm

I can't stay home. I'm a Cabinetmaker and I work for a company that builds trade show exhibits. Unfortunately trade shows are shut down... and so is all the work.

Fortunately, we are renovating the front office space, and that is keeping us working at this moment. There might be some HOF (football) work coming while it is closed for a few weeks. There is also a reception area for another client that hasn't cancelled ... yet.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby silver & black » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Gov. Dewine just issued a shelter in place order. Looks like I'm out of work.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:24 pm

That shit is fucked up. What is this, the fucking USSR? Governments can lock down citizens and private corporations because people are getting sick?

This shit never happened during some MUCH deadlier outbreaks. It’s ridiculous.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby blazin1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 am

I think the world governments are involved in some shady shit right now. I don't know what it is but it couldn't be good. Do you remember Jade Helm 15 and all the coffins? Maybe they are getting ready to do some sinister shit if they aren't already doing it.

#Trump2020

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:00 pm

I've been furloughed. You would have thought the state would have ramped up their unemployment servers/staff. Nooooo..... there is no fucking way to even apply for unemployment because the fucking web site is down. Stupid mother fuckers! This whole fucking thing is some serious bullshit!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm

blazin1 wrote:I think the world governments are involved in some shady shit right now. I don't know what it is but it couldn't be good. Do you remember Jade Helm 15 and all the coffins? Maybe they are getting ready to do some sinister shit if they aren't already doing it.

I don't know bro, maybe it's an attempt to take China down for good while they're reeling from this virus. If they can shut down US economic activity for a couple months on top of what China has already been going through, they're going to seriously hit the fucking deck over there.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:36 pm

silver & black wrote:I've been furloughed. You would have thought the state would have ramped up their unemployment servers/staff. Nooooo..... there is no fucking way to even apply for unemployment because the fucking web site is down. Stupid mother fuckers! This whole fucking thing is some serious bullshit!

Take a deep breath, my good friend. Help is on the way. They're going to implement a huge relief package and you're going to be able to get a lot more $$ than you ever would under normal unemployment benefits.

It will also help your company, so maybe they'll bring you back on.

You're going to be OK man.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum