Who's idea was it to trade Mack?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Who's idea was it to trade Mack?

Postby piratepride » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:27 am

Look, most of us on here are in agreement we think it was Gruden who shipped him out of here, and most of the reporters agree also.
What has alot of reporters scratching their heads, is why Gruden would come out weeks later to say great pass rushers are hard to find. Either Gruden wanted to address the elephant in the room right away allowing him to move past it giving him an excuse to no longer talk about it.
Or maybe he was shedding light into what really took place....

Maybe he provided us a shed of light by pinning the blame on Reggie, as in this was Reggie's panic move when the draft haul was rich in his eyes?
Allow me to explain.

No doubt reggie and Gruden discussed possibilities of a potential trade, but something tells me Reggie may have been behind this blunder as well. Only he would give the the ears a second rounder back, and maybe the truth will come out next offseason. Gruden doesn't want to completely alienate his GM, but why else would he say great pass rushers are hard to find a week after trading Mack. That sounds like something someone would say if it wasn't their doing.
I wouldn't put it past Reggie, all these sports writers writing about poor Reggie this and that being a lame duck GM.
Only we know the truth about him and have known for years, I'm telling you all the trade reeks of Reggie, especially the giving of our second rounder.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Who's idea was it to trade Mack?

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:41 am

Gruden has more juice within the org since the ink was dry on that insane contract Mark gave him. Since day one, Gruden has been throwing Reggie under the bus regarding his drafts. There is a big riff between the two without a doubt. Gruden's ego is beyond words. Mack didn't show up for OTA, never met or really talked to Gruden so he exercised his authority by waiting it out while Mack's agent played hard ball. The guaranteed money Mack wanted was really high so we let him walk. Gruden's ego and stubborness as well as Mack's killed the prospects of even Mack sitting down with us. Mark pays Gruden, Carr and some others. They were a priority and in Mack's eyes he wasn't. So he said fuck you, I'll get paid somewhere else. Gruden is a fuckin ass clown!!! His ego and sense of power and authority let the best defensive player in the NFL, one of our best players in decades and future HOF er basically walk. Carr should have restructured and other guys should have been cut to save money for Mack. Mack is worth it, Carr isn't. Huge blunder!!! This org is a fuckin disgrace!!! And it starts with Mark. The only man in the NFL that I would give the authority and money that Gruden got to make wise choices would be Bill Belichick. I don't like Belichick, but he's a proven winner in this league.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:59 am

Commitment to Excrement!!! 12-4, and two 8-8 seasons has been our best records since 2003. Mack not in Silver n black shouldn't surprise anyone considering how downright pathetic this franchise has been. Four winning seasons since we came back to Oakland in 1995. That's dog shit if you ask me!!! The cruel joke has been on us Raider fans. A fuckin embarrassment!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm sure there is credence to what you say Freddie, but I don't for a second think Reggie didn't have a hand in this. Gruden may be all of what you claim he is, but he wouldn't give back a 2nd round pick just to make the deal.... that has Reggie written all over it.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Giving back 2nd rd pick is nothing compared to letting Mack walk. Reggie is a fuck up we all know that. Gruden is a piece of shit as well. He couldn't deal with running a team with someone elses drafts although weak. He wants Gruden's imprint on the roster so he cuts a boat load of young players and signs old fucks to 1 yr deals mostly on defense that are gassed by the end of the 3rd qtr. Happened in all three losses. Why would Reggie let his best draft pick walk in Mack, but sign Carr, Ellis, Jackson and other picks with no reservations. Gruden exercis3d his muscle and fucked the Mack thing up. He even said months ago we had a bad defense even with Mack. We will see firsthand Gruden is a piece of shit and he has damaged goods at QB. We need a QB now. Thats a big elephant in the room. Mark waiv3d the white flag giving Gruden that contract and authority. Look at the pressers between the two highest paid Raider employees Gruden and Carr since the season started. I don't hear or see any disgust, frustration,fire or immediacy from those two. I see two rich assholes paying lip service to the bay area media while they rake in the cash. Thats more important to them than losing these football games. Both are fuckin frauds.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Like I said... I never wanted Gruden back. I know he doesn't/ didn't like young players and he had/has a penchant for vets... which is fine if they don't have 10 years of NFL abuse on them.

There is nothing we can do but wait and see what happens. No use getting all fired up over something none of can do a damn thing about.

Whether the Raiders suck or win the Superbowl... my life is still the same, and I have to go to work anyway...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Trust me I have my Raider fandom in perspective although I sound off on here. I do have Raider PTSD like many posters on here. This has been a fuck up for a decade and a half now. Blind loyalty is my problem, but hey its just a game. I'll always watch on Sundays, but I'm cautiously realistic.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:24 pm

I think that's most of us Freddie.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:34 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Commitment to Excrement!!! 12-4, and two 8-8 seasons has been our best records since 2003. Mack not in Silver n black shouldn't surprise anyone considering how downright pathetic this franchise has been. Four winning seasons since we came back to Oakland in 1995. That's dog shit if you ask me!!! The cruel joke has been on us Raider fans. A fuckin embarrassment!

That's right Fred, and what changed in 2003?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Trading for a bucket of picks is NOT "letting Mack walk."

What the idiot Charges did with Brees was "letting him walk."

What we did with Mack was FAR from letting him walk. We were compensated. Do you have any idea what kind of player you can get in trade for a 1st round pick in this league?

For perspective, we could probably take the Bell headache off PITT's hands for a 2nd rounder.

i bet we could get AB from them for a 1st.

1st round picks are major capital in this league. We did NOT let Mack walk. We SOLD him. There's a BIG fuckin difference, man.

This fucking rage-induced revisionist history has GOT to go.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum