Darren Waller Thinks Raiders Have Top Five Offense

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Darren Waller Thinks Raiders Have Top Five Offense

Postby blazin1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 am

Darren Waller exploded out of obscurity last year to become the Las Vegas Raiders' leading receiver and one of the top play-making tight ends in the league.

After an offseason in which the Raiders put effort into beefing up a receiving corps that lacked production last season, he thinks the Raiders can take a big jump as an offense this upcoming season.

On SiriusXM NFL Radio, Waller said: "If you look at things across the board, starting with the offensive line and the quarterback, with improvement at the receiver positions and the tight ends trying to be consistent, I think our offense has a chance to do a lot of great things and put up a lot of great numbers. The big thing for us is finishing in the red zone this year. I know that we're doing everything in our power to improve upon that. I don't feel like having a top-five offense is out of the picture."

The comments by Waller about the Raiders' struggles in the red zone were well-documented last season. The Raiders finished 11th overall in yards per game (363.7). Well-supported by a ground game led by rookie sensation Josh Jacobs (115 rushing yards per game), the Raiders finished only 22nd in red-zone percentage, which played a significant role in the Raiders having a lackluster scoring average of 19.6 points per game, which ranked 24th in the league.

General Manager Mike Mayock knew he had to improve heading into the offseason. That is why the Raiders prioritized the wide receiver position in the draft, taking explosive Henry Ruggs III of Alabama with the 12th overall pick and later drafting runner/receiver Lynn Bowden Jr. of Kentucky and Bryan Edwards of South Carolina. The three combined with Waller and Jacobs should give quarterback Derek Carr as full of a complement of weapons as he's had in his career.

"We have so much talent," Waller said. "We have guys who are buying in. We have a balanced system. I have high expectations, and I think everyone on the offense would say the same thing."

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/darren-waller-las-vegas-raiders-offense-nfl-derek-carr

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Darren Waller Thinks Raiders Have Top Five Offense

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 am

This is the most talent we’ve had on a team in years. Hopefully Carr doesn’t fuck it up

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 am

It won't matter..... there will be no season. Nothing will be "allowed" until Nov. 3 has passed.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby blazin1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm

silver & black wrote:It won't matter..... there will be no season. Nothing will be "allowed" until Nov. 3 has passed.

This is probably true. Leftist scum is on a rampage.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby piratepride » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:46 pm

Agreed, this is the most talent I've seen on the team ever.
The john parrella / sam adams team was close, but we just had experienced vets...this team is young and explosive. I think the NFL has to start on time, wayyyy to much $$$$ on the table. They'll mix in some new rules to stay safe, but they're going to play. Besides, if this country has another 3 month shutdown, it may not ever recover from it. More companies like GNC will close it doors and all the other smaller businesses that support it. Big time dominoe effect. Wonder if all the strippers are now hooking at the truck stops lol?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:52 am

They don't give a damn if they shut us down for another 3 months. That's what they want. It makes Trump look bad. We know that isn't true, but the fucked up Liberals are desperate... and they seem to have the medical "experts" on their side. I don't think the people will stand for it, but we'll see.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am

There's a reason why we say there are no more excuses for Carr.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum