What would I do against the Vikings if I was Gruden?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

What would I do against the Vikings if I was Gruden?

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:46 am

First of all I'd learn from my mistakes. I'd make a point of being much less predictable (Of course, I myself would never have been that predictable in my play calling in the first place), and tell Greg Olson I need him to make sure I don't get into some kind of predictable rhythm with my play calling.

Getting Richie back, I'd run between the tackles to the right and run outside to the left with Miller's quickness until they show me they can stop it. Include screens. We don't do enough of that and we have players who have wiggle enough to gain yards for us.

In the passing game I'd trust my protection and mix in about 30-40% long balls. Fuck it, throw the fucking rock and see what happens.

On D it would be very simple. Stop the run and force Cousins to throw. This is a no-brainer, he just hasn't been good since he signed w the Vikes. I think our DBs can handle this guy, he's no Mahomes. I also think our pass rush can get to him. Stop the run and blitz on obvious pass downs.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: What would I do against the Vikings if I was Gruden?

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:08 pm

It's not that simple. Gruden doesn't learn from shit and he has an eye liner wearing overpaid faggot at QB throwing the ball on 3rd and longs 2 yards past the line of scrimmage or even 2yds behind the line thinking his receiver is going to run 6 miles for a 1st down through 6 defenders. We have the worst coach and qb combo in football right now. Bottom of the league no doubt.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Pray.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:10 pm

silver & black wrote:Pray.

No use in praying when you have ineptitude from the two so called leaders on the field the Carr-bage and Gru-suck. Two misfits that aren't working for a new contract or are in need of gas or grocery money. Both can retire their kids kids kids at this point. 35 mil per season combined for basically zippo production. Nice Job Mark Davis...you're being ripped off!!!! Think either of these scumbags care that their sub par. They both made their money and when the Raiders kick them to the curb, Gru-suck will go back in the booth for millions and the Carr-bage can retire or get some sad sap other team to give him some cool millions to hold a clipboard or start meaningless games in a rebuild. Raider nation been duped by these two loser ass clowns. Give me a coach/qb that are hungry to win a Super bowl and earn a fat contract like those two losers.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am

We can win this game. These guys are no better than DEN. Maybe even worse.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:39 am

Ummm.... they are definitely better than Denver. Can we win? sure. will we? NO!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:01 pm

DeadRinger wrote:We can win this game. These guys are no better than DEN. Maybe even worse.

We had Denver at home in a huge divisional rival game. We know their personnel. Going to Minnesota is a different animal. Minny historically plays well at home. After a dud against KC it would be huge going in there and winning or at least playing four full quarters of competitive football. To salvage the season and no real home game until early November we have to go at least 3-2 in these five road games coming up. Having to go to London to play the Bears in a couple weeks than a bye week than two more road games. NFL is a fuckin joke in regards to competitive balance giving us a schedule like this. They would never do that to NE or Pitt or one of their franchises thats buddy buddy within NFL circles. Another fuck you to Al Davis is what this is.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:39 pm

The Vikings are definitely better than Denver, Dalvin Cook has been on a terror lately. I think were better suited to slow him down then we are slowing Cousins up.
My game plan going in is to run power behind Richie and then mix it up by going 4 wide with Josh Jacobs running little angle routes. This is easy money for him, we need to take advantage of this.
I expect Diggs to take the top off our defense early amd often, so for those of you who play draft kings, buy low now!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:40 pm

This game is crucial after the KC dud. Have to bounce back and get momentum going forward. Past bad Raider teams begin to fold the tent for the season in a game like this. Would be a huge win if we can get it.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Dalvin Cook is running wild because they don’t have a choice. They have the 2nd best run game and the 2nd worst pass game. The game plan on D is obvious. diggs can def get open on us but Cousins is no Mahomes. Stop the run and pressure Cousins is the best bet bc our guys can’t hang w their weapons.

If we can’t start connecting on some shots downfield we’re going to be in deep shit. This is not the 2002 roster, we can’t dink and dunk all game and get away w it. We need the run game to click so we can give Carr time to throw downfield on play action.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum