Got a fantastic new job - I fuckin love Trump

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Got a fantastic new job - I fuckin love Trump

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:14 pm

So I got this new job with one of those companies you read about but never think you’ll get a chance to work for.

Global Silicon Valley software company, number one in all the different product categories, some of you would know it by name.

I got a $16k raise. They actually gave me $3k MORE than I asked them for - what the FUCK??

Then they GIVE me $50k worth of company stock. Just given to me for joining the company. It vests over 4 years, so I own 25% of it after 1 year and then 12.5% of it after every 6 months after that til I own it all.

Their 401k match is 100% up to 6% with NO vesting period - I own all the money the second it hits my account. I’ve never heard of a 401k with no vesting period, much less one that matches 100%.

Their health insurance is world-class 10% co-pay instead of the usual 20%. High deductible but the put a bunch of money into your HSA acct to offset that. Best insurance i’ve Ever seen - they’d cover a sex change operation, can you believe that shit? And NO, Del, I will NOT give you a recommendation, so fuck off.

Here’s the fuckin kicker - well there are other things but i’ll End it w this. There’s UNLIMITED PTO. There is no set amount you can take. If you need or want time off, you take it. You just work it all out w your manager. No putting in for it in a system, none of that shit. Of course, I seriously doubt they’re going to let you go crazy w it but seriously guys...

Have you ever heard of this shit???

Thank you Donald Trump - your economy has paid off for me personally! YouDaman.

Some of you may know I spent almost 2 years during the Obama admin unemployed - an MBA with almost 20 yrs of marketing experience in high-tech industries. Since Trump took office it’s been nothing but up for me.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Got a fantastic new job - I fuckin love Trump

Postby silver & black » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:51 pm

I can't stand Trump.... never could. But, I'll be voting for him again. He is what this country needs right now....... an asshole that doesn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks and puts America first. MAGA!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:32 pm

Dead give yourself credit for that job offer. You sold yourself as a valuable asset to this company. That orange haired megalomaniac didn't get you that job or give you a reference. I'm conservative politically across the board but not a big fan of that orange haired cocksucker. And yes I prefer him over Killary, Obongo and Biden.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah I have to say I had one of the best interviews of my life. They LITERALLY called me while I was still in my car on my way home from the interview to say they were going to make an offer. It was awesome.

Well i’m A Christian and I actually give the credit to God on this one. You guys know I’m no bible thumper but there’s no way something this great would just fall into place As quickly and as perfectly as it did without divine intervention. I know this.

But I also absolutely give Trump’s economy credit. The man has done A LOT to get government out of the way of business in this country. He knows what he’s doing.

And if he doesn’t get re-elected we’re highly fucked. We’re going to get single-payer healthcare among other things and it’s going to cripple this country for a long, long, long time...

So you may not like him but you’ve GOT to vote for him. And go beyond that - send the man some money, if you value your freedom.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

You got that job dude. You sold your skill set, own features and benefits to the company as well as value to the company's bottom line. Call it what you want, maybe strength through Christ but the only people in that interview was you and the employer. I've pulled many a job interview out of my ass where I go on a few and have a few job offers within a couple days to a week. Good problem to have.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 pm

I had been looking around a little bit but was being very picky, blowing a lot of stuff off, even turned down an official job offer because they just weren’t offering enough. So a LOT of things had to fall into place for this to be possible.

No coincidences. Not in things as complicated and as BIG as this.

Maybe i’ll Pray for the Raiders this year... or would that be an abuse of power? Lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a ton of education and a ton of experience and i’m Very good at what I do and I have the verbal and written communication skills of a champion. But then... I don’t take credit for that either, so... everything I just typed is a pretty objective assessment if you can believe it. I worked hard but there were gifts all along the way.

Now i’m Looking at this company as the one that maybe I should retire from. Put 15-20 years into it and retire as a VP if I can make it up there. Time will tell.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Presentation and effective communication skills is a big part of effective interviewing contrary to what it says on that resume paper. People hire people not a piece of paper which is mostly b7llshit anyway. Salesmanship is very beneficial as well.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Nice work Dead, congratulations. Even though you've been blessed with communication skills, you know God played a part in all the behind the scenes stuff.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum