Townshend released

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Townshend released

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 am

This 5th rd draft pick last year by Gruden was released today. Why bring him back for camp this year? Did he even get a punt against the Rams? He was beyond awful last year and Chuck the suck kept marching him out there all season because he drafted him. What a waste of a pick!!! Nice Reggie-esque pick Chuck. You were supposedly committed to winning last year. Yeah right, marching out the worst punter I've ever seen in my life.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Re: Townshend released

Postby piratepride » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Agreed, it was awful last year and Gruden botched the pick. Hats off to him for owning up to it instead of doubling down like McKenzie has done all those years.
Also, no way Mayock makes those picks moving forward, give me more of what we did in this years draft and we'll be fine.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Johnny Townshend was the worst pro punter I've ever seen in my life!!! As bad as a division three college punter. For a franchise that drafted Ray Guy and Shane Lechler somebody must've been on the crack pipe with that pick. Jeff Gossett and Marquette King looked like hall of famers compared to Johnny 'Peg leg' Townshend.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Townsend had a HUGE fuckin punt against the Rams. 55 fuckin yards. I’m watching the game right now, and I saw it about 20 minutes ago.

Lots of talk from camp about shanked kicks by both guys. So don’t be surprised if things aren’t much better this season with Cole.

And don’t get me started trotting out all Reggie’s fucked up picks if you really want to compare drafts. We could start w the 4th-rd QB who never even made it out of his first training camp.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:09 pm

I hear ya DR, but Gruden has a lot to prove. It starts this season. As you know, I wasn't a fan of bringing him back. I'll give him a shot to prove me wrong. Maybe this season isn't enough, but by the time we are in Vegas, he needs to have this team humming on all cylinders.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Townsend had a HUGE fuckin punt against the Rams. 55 fuckin yards. I’m watching the game right now, and I saw it about 20 minutes ago.

Lots of talk from camp about shanked kicks by both guys. So don’t be surprised if things aren’t much better this season with Cole.

And don’t get me started trotting out all Reggie’s fucked up picks if you really want to compare drafts. We could start w the 4th-rd QB who never even made it out of his first training camp.

Cole better be an improvement over Townshend from last year. Marquette King was a fuckin circus clown but not a bad punter. Lechler was top notch. Every team needs a solid punter. Underrated position as well as a good solid kicker who can hit a 50 plus yarder in crunch time to tie or win a game.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

Agree Fred. Cole has to be better. If he’s shanking shit in games Griden’s going to take a lot of well-deserved heat.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Agree Fred. Cole has to be better. If he’s shanking shit in games Griden’s going to take a lot of well-deserved heat.

We were spoiled from the early 70's up until 2017 at the punter position. Ray Guy, Jeff Gossett, Leo Araguz was alright for a cup of coffee with us, Shane Lechler, Marquette King, not too shabby and now yet to be seen. Guy and Lechler were all time greats. Townshend was one of the worst I've seen of watching the NFL for over forty years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Johnny Townshend claimed by the NY Giants today. Why? That dude is no nfl punter.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum