Amari Cooper: Raiders weren't a 'good fit for me'

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:22 am

Fuckin' douchebag. Yeah, Amari. we weren't a good fit. We actually wanted you to CATCH THE FUCKING BALL!

Seriously, that's all he had to do. You could see Carr lose confidence in him. Fucking guy is a low-energy player.

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer
Published: July 1, 2019 at 09:31 a.m. Updated: July 1, 2019 at 03:57 p.m.

Amari Cooper's final days in Oakland were a forgettable hodgepodge of inconsistency and head-scratching usage. After struggling through six games under Jon Gruden, the Raiders' top receiver was shipped to Dallas, where he starred once again.

During a radio interview with Pro Football Talk last week, Cooper reiterated that the change of scenery was essential to reboot his career.

"Yeah. Whatever the circumstances may be, there are certain reasons why one place might not work for a guy and another place will, Cooper said, via the Dallas Morning News. "I think the change of scenery was really necessary. I really, honestly, don't think if I would've stayed with the Raiders last season that I would've been able to flourish and reach some heights that I was able to reach as a Cowboy. It was definitely necessary."

In 11 games with Dallas, including playoffs, Cooper averaged 81.45 receiving yards per tilt and scored 7 TDs. In six games with Gruden's Raiders, the wideout generated 46.6 receiving yards with one TD. Cooper believes part of the production discrepancy was his questionable usage in Oakland.

"I don't think it was a good fit for me," he said. "I don't think I was really able to showcase my skills there for whatever reasons, I'll call it extenuating circumstances. But for whatever reason, I wasn't able to reach my heights and I kind of knew that I needed to be gone in order to do some of the things that I wanted to do as an NFL player.

"I felt like there are things that I wanted to do out there on the field during the games, certain plays that I wanted to be called and certain routes that I wanted to run that just weren't a part of the game plan."

After being unleashed in Dallas, Cooper appears poised for another big season as the No. 1 target in the Cowboys' offense. New coordinator Kellen Moore plans to be more creative with his scheme and move the dynamic receiver around more than previous coaches, which could help generate positive matchups. Add in a full offseason of chemistry building between Cooper and Dak Prescott, and it all portends a big year for the wideout, regardless of whether he's playing under a new big contract or not.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Amari Cooper: Raiders weren't a 'good fit for me'

Postby silver & black » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:03 pm

Fuck him.... good riddance. A WR that can't catch is useless. I look for AB to be good this year and next. After that, I'm betting he becomes a problem.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:11 pm

He's a very talented pussy with alligator arms over the middle. The Steeler game in Pitt in 15' I believe he got his bell rung a couple times and shit his pants the rest of that game. PacMan Jones lit him up in another game. Yeah he took some ferocious hits. He was tested early in his career by DB's and proved he doesn't have that intangible that all great receivers have aside from good hands and that's fearlessness which he has none of. Good quiet kid that will never be great because of a lack of those attributes.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:18 pm

It’s more than fearlessness, it’s a determination that the motherfucking opponent will NOT keep you from the ball. It’s a sheer force of WILL.

Fucking Cooper has NO heart. Period. He shouldn’t be playing this game.

AB has that shit in spades.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 pm

If Amari didn't go to Alabama and maybe some small school in the south he'd probably be a 3rd rounder if that. Too much hype, high pick, no hands and no balls. Nothing much else to say. He can make plays but is invisible way too often for a receiver picked that high.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:29 pm

This is why scouts have a hell of a job to do. I can admit I fell in love with the idea of having a homegrown true #1 WR , and pounded the table for this guy based on production and what the scouts had him ranked.
I could tell right away something was wrong when made that awkward face as he put on the raiders draft hat....for whatever reason, he didn't want to play for the Raiders.
Maybe it was all the shit talk from Lane Kiffin (Alabama O coordinator).
Or maybe it was the shitty locker rooms and stinky sewer surroundings he grew tired of? Who the hell knows!
The one thing I do know is he didn't want to be a Raider after his 1st season and started playing like shit.
Dead is right yet again, Carr grew tired of his shit and didn't trust him. He played like he had something to do after the game or something...disinterested, lazy, oh well type of attitude it made me sick!
Then with the Cowboys he plays with his hair on fire, spiking the ball in the end zone & shit!!!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:34 pm

I give Gruden all the credit in the world for recognizing Coopers shit early on. He knew he needed to start over and can the big gorilla.
Lets hope all of his draft picks love football.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Who gives a fuck about Cooper when you have AB? Cooper didn't seem like he liked being a Raider. He wanted out.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:47 pm

790thSFS wrote:Who gives a fuck about Cooper when you have AB? Cooper didn't seem like he liked being a Raider. He wanted out.

He wanted out because he was exposed for being a #2 or 3 receiver and not a top 10 pick out of a legacy school like Bama. Kid isn't tough and has butter hands. He can't hang with the big boys because he plays afraid and is invisible for long stretches of games.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum