Way too early season prediction good and bad

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Way too early season prediction good and bad

Postby piratepride » Tue May 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I know training camp hadn't started yet and we haven't even put the pads on, but lets all predict what the team looks like this year...by giving your way too early season prediction of wins and losses.

Assuming the team stays relatively healthy, and the talent reqches their full potential....how many games you see us winning?

Lets say Mayock missed some depth at certain spots and Incognito went bat shit and choke slammed Burfict lol.
How many games we w8nning lol?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Way too early season prediction good and bad

Postby piratepride » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Ill go first.
Positive side- Derek Carr goes back to his 2016 form having benefited from being in the same system for his second time since entering the NFL.
The O line is mean and nasty, and it doesn't take long to show to the world on Monday night football against a weak Denver run defense.
The Wr's all mesh and Brown lives up to the hype and produces like he has been in mini camp against Conley.

The O line opens up holes for a super star in the making in Josh Jacobs who goes on to be the offensive rookie of the year, thanks in part to Incognito and Trent Brown.
The defense is good enough to harass and get stingy in the red zone thanks in part to all of our depth at the D line. The secondary is serviceable at best but good enough to keep the lead on O.

Negative spin- Injuries hit, depth is tested, Incognito was only brought in to push Denzel Good but never makes the team.
The young safeties aren't good enough to cover for more than 5 seconds thanks to no pass rush yet again. We end up losing a shit ton of 1 score games and Mayock agrees trade or cut Carr and we start all over at the QB position with yet another top 5 selection.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 pm

7-9 or 8-8 or if we have a season where all the bounces go our way like 2016 than a 10 to 12 win season. My gut tells me it's a 7 to 9 wins season though so a .500 season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed May 29, 2019 4:56 am

I forgot to put my record in.
If we get some good luck with calls and remain healthy, I'll say 9 and 7 or maybe a 10 win team and possibly play for a wild card considering our schedule.
If it turns to shit, maybe 6 wins, we have way too much talent to only win 4 games.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby AlfredR » Wed May 29, 2019 5:00 am

FreddieB25 wrote:7-9 or 8-8 or if we have a season where all the bounces go our way like 2016 than a 10 to 12 win season. My gut tells me it's a 7 to 9 wins season though so a .500 season.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too. Let's hope some things go our way and we perform a bit better than that.

Here are some proper mini excavators that are capable of a lot.

AlfredR
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bigboy3333 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:36 am

8-8 anything better will be icing on the cake

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby DeadRinger » Fri May 31, 2019 6:33 am

Yes, we've added a lot of talent, but most of it is young and needs a season to really latch on. Ferrell, Abram, Crosby, Mullen, Johnson, Arden Key, Mo Hurst, Renfrow, Moreau, Kolton Miller, ... All these guys are really young dudes. Even Trent Brown only has 3 seasons as a starter under his belt.

I think our LB corps is absolutely atrocious. Even with the additions of Marshall and Burfict, our LBs are really bad. So as I explained before, I expect - HOPE - to see a lot of Big Nickel / 3-safety looks with Joyner/Joseph/Abram or Joyner/Harris/Abram in there.

We have 2 MAJOR stumbling blocks in SD and KC. We could easily post 4 losses right there.

And we have the toughest schedule in the league.

Understanding that reality is a bitch and injuries happen, but assuming that Carr plays all year long, we'll go 8-8 this coming season. IMO unless we have MAJOR injury problems, we won't have double-digit losses again this season so I think 7-9 is probably our "realistic" worst case scenario. It COULD get worse if we start sending big names to IR.

I think Jacobs will be in the running for OROY and Ferrell in the running for DROY. Mayock's genius will be on display. He has never been able to do such a massive deep-dive with a single team before, to match players with scheme, culture, etc. I think he had a great draft and FA.

My BOLD prediction: We make the playoffs in 2020.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum