Depressing stats, One good stat

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Depressing stats, One good stat

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:25 pm

I was just looking at our historical stats and ran across one that kind of hit me hard.

Over the last 16 seasons, we have had ONLY TWO where we posted positive point differentials. TWO seasons out of 16 since our last SB season with positive point diff.

The first came in 2010 when Cable was HC and we went 8-8. We were +37 or something.
The last one was 2016, we were +90 something.

It gets worse. Of the 14 seasons with negative point differential, TEN of them were WORSE than -100.

Last season we posted the franchise’s 3rd worst point diff in history, -177.
Our worst was 2014 Allen/Sparano at -199.
2nd worst was 2009, also with Cable, at -182.
(Just looking since the merger. In 1961 we posted -221).

If you’re curious about the bed & breakfast season, it was -164. 4th worst since the merger.

And the good stat? You guys should be asking yourselves by now... when did we have our best point diff as a franchise? Well. Our best came way back in the ‘60s before the merger when we were dominating the puny AFL.

But since the merger in 1970, our BEST EVER point differential came in 2000 at +180. And who was our coach that year?

You fuckin’ got that right. Jon fuckin’ Gruden.

Let the man work.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Depressing stats, One good stat

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

The math behind why we played like shit doesn't factor in all of the referee bias bullshit. The Raiders have been hated by the league for a very long time and it's played out in game after game.
Which brings me to my next point, John Gruden being respected and the refs knowing he'll call them out on their fuck ups.
Having Gruden at the helm brings a certain awareness to the league/ refs during our games. I noticed a huge difference in the way games were called last year, we got away with a ton of dumb penalties that would have been called in years past. Think Gruden would have stranded by while that smiling prick of a ref brought out his rolodex card to give Dallas the win????
F7ck no!!!
Gruden may piss you off from time to time but he's the man for this team plain and simple.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

The league hating the Raiders is in the past. Moving to Vegas has put that to rest. The league can't afford any of that nonsense in Vegas with the new multi bazillion $$$ stadium and the white hot spotlight.

Gruden remains to be seen. I agree that he's a smart guy and he knows the NFL inside and out. That doesn't mean shit without winning. Unfortunately, he's stuck with a fucking pussy for a QB... IMO. I know that only Freddie and I think this way about Carr, but I haven't seen a damn thing from him to make me feel otherwise.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Carr is the biggest baby and phoney QB in NFL history and a wealthy one at that. Never seen a grown man cry on a football field and that cocksucker the Carr-bage did it twice. Pigskin is a man's game, Carr didn't get the memo apparently.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 am

silver & black wrote:The league hating the Raiders is in the past. Moving to Vegas has put that to rest. The league can't afford any of that nonsense in Vegas with the new multi bazillion $$$ stadium and the white hot spotlight.

Gruden remains to be seen. I agree that he's a smart guy and he knows the NFL inside and out. That doesn't mean shit without winning. Unfortunately, he's stuck with a fucking pussy for a QB... IMO. I know that only Freddie and I think this way about Carr, but I haven't seen a damn thing from him to make me feel otherwise.

I wouldn't say you're the only ones who think that way.

I was concerned about a lot of the things I saw last season. But when I analyze a situation, I look at EVERYTHING, S&B. You should know that by now. I take in the whole picture.

BUT he threw a bunch of INTs early and then set a record (I think) of most completions without throwing an INT.

BUT he seemed to settle in w Gruden's system late.

BUT his OL was trying to get him killed. How many sacks? 51. FIFTY-ONE FUCKING SACKS, GUYS!!

BUT every receiver except Cook had more drops than I could count.

BUT Lynch went down and out in week 6, MASSIVELY fucking our run game. Having to rely on a platoon led by martin was disastrous.

BUT our defense was ranked #32 in points given up. Yeah, our opponents scored 467 fuckin points against us. Here's a little trivia for you: THAT'S A FRANCHISE RECORD!! Yeah. Last season, our defense gave up more points than ANY Raiders team has EVER given up before. In 58 fucking years. So needless to say, Derek fuckin Carr was playing catch-up all fuckin season long, and defenses were teeing off on him.

Of course, Fred will tell you all those sacks came because Carr doesn't know how to move in the pocket. I call BS. WHY do I call BS? Because in 2017, just one season prior, HE HAD ONLY 20 FUCKING SACKS! And statistically he had and even WORSE season in 2017 than in 2018.

Now I look at all those FACTS and I do what I do best, I analyze it all in my head. And here's my analysis:

If Carr can put up a superior season while getting sacked 51 times and dealing with ALL THAT OTHER fucking adversity, just imagine what he can do for us next year when he has 1) targets who can get open and catch the ball instead of dropping it, 2) an OL who can get him back down to just 20 sacks, and 3) the ever-elusive continuity - a full season and 2 offseasons of Gruden's schemes and playbook under his belt, among many other things.

And given the fact that we already know Carr can play at an MVP level, I'm telling you that, barring something disastrous, Derek Carr is going to play great for us in 2019. There's no way to know if that will result in a trip to the playoffs, but that's what I'm projecting for Derek Carr.

Now, everyone here can read this analysis and say I'm full of shit. If you choose to do that, the question I would ask would be: how the fuck can you possibly say that?

Because I VERY rarely just throw out my opinion. And when I do, I clearly state that's what it is.

This is not my opinion. This is an analysis based on hard, cold facts.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum