GAPING fucking holes remaining

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

GAPING fucking holes remaining

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 am

Looking at all the players still available who can help us, I'm thinking through all our holes and getting VERY concerned, folks. We're still a long way away from being rebuilt.

MASSIVE PROBLEMS that WILL destroy our season:

RB - Guys, we have a smoking fucking CRATER in the backfield. Nothing. Richard, Washington and Warren. We need a major player at this spot, someone who makes the defense think twice to take pressure off of Carr, and there's nothing left in FA. So we either trade or pick someone in the first 35. I think there are a couple worth a late first or early second - Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery and possibly Damien Harris. If we can't land one of those guys, the kid coming out of UGA is no bullshit.

Pass rusher - This is our no-brainer that needs to be addressed with our first pick AND we should get someone in FA as well. Houston's going to cost a fortune, but Someone like Ansah would be a nice addition to Key and Josh Allen/Clelin Ferrell/Bosa... whoever. I have this below RB in priority because we have Mo and Key - a couple guys who can get a little pressure at least, while RB is a wasteland.

Problems that will definitely keep us out of the playoffs:

LB - How have we not made a move here when there were so many good players available?? We really need guys at all the positions, MLB being the obvious spot.

WR - AB probably likes the thought of going into 2019 as a tandem w Nelson and nothing else, but he's the only one. We have to add threats. Apparently we don't want Tyrell Williams - there seems to be a lot of that going around which tells me he thinks he's worth too much money. So I guess we go to the draft, where we have to spend one of our first 4 picks on one of these guys as well. If we fail to address this, we need to get Richard comfortable lining up at receiver. Which he's fully capable of doing.

TE - Fred is right, we should REALLY re-sign Cook and put this position to bed. But I think Gruden is set against Reggie's players for some reason, which is the kind of shit that infuriates me. Sign the dude for 2 ears and at least make this position a non-factor for 2019. If not that, then we need Hockenstein or Fant in the draft. Without a threat at TE, AB will be that much easier to cover.

Need to address:

CB - Someone please explain to me why the fuck we haven't signed a CB?? Our safety situation should help our pass D, but Conley/Worley/Nelson ain't gonna cut it. We need to get on Ronald Darby and get his ass in here. If not that, a trade. Because a 4th or 5th round CB isn't going to do much for us in 2019. This makes it even MORE imperative to re-sign Jared Cook because if we do then we can easily get a really good CB in the 1st round.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: GAPING fucking holes remaining

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 am

Well we have two novices building the team. Gru and Mayock never built a jack motherfuckin football roster in their life. I think Trent Brown was overpaid and maybe grossly overrated. Until I see wins on the football field and playoff pushes its same old Raiders to me. Jared Cook was one of our better players the last two years and I don't hear a peep in the building about resigning him. AB and Cook would be a nice combo.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

I just got an e-mail from 24-7 sports that said we are signing Tyrell Williams.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Tyrell williams I think will be signed by us. Make an offer to Cook. Cook probably wants too much cash is all I can think. We've overpaid in the past so whatever.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:05 pm

TYRELL FUCKING WILLIAMS!!!! These guys are making the right shit happen, man.

I didn’t really think we needed an OT but after we signed Trent I started thinking about it and what a great move it was. Just really showing up the tackle spots, adding real certainty there.

Wasn’t high on trading for AB but they fuckin stole him from PIT, you have to love that deal. Yeah we’re paying him a lot but in my opinion he’s still better than OBJ, more durable than OBJ, and we pay him less than OBJ so I can’t really complain too much.

Tyrell Williams though, that’s a straight-up win right there. Not the greatest receiver but he’s a perfect fit for us right now, bringing the skills we need.

Maybe we can spend that 1st rounder on a CB now. Or TE. Or hell, even a stud OG. Or another pass rusher.

IMO we should target pass rusher, LB, TE and RB with our first 4 picks.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:14 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Tyrell williams I think will be signed by us. Make an offer to Cook. Cook probably wants too much cash is all I can think. We've overpaid in the past so whatever.

Agreed, signing Cook would take a lot more pressure off the draft.

I haven’t hear about any teams having interest in him, which is strange after his huge season.

EDIT: fucking shit, he’s visiting the Saints tomorrow. He’ll sign with them in a heartbeat to get a ring. Raiders need to ink him before he can even get on the plane.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm

#4 needs to be defense. .

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm

O would love to go DE, LB, and TE as you mentioned Dead.
Those are the spots that will provide dynamic impact players.
I'm not too high on Mack Wilson as I am on Devin White.
So maybe we can get a stud corner to pair with Gareon.
Redskins just released Zach Brown, he'd be a perfect addition for a decent price.
So I'd go DE, CB, TE and Marquise Brown for the slot position in round 2. Nelson has 1 more good year there, Brown would be the future.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Cook wants to get paid and we aren't going to do that and its obvious. If it was Mayock would have signed him the first chance he could. Curious who we draft with these three first round picks.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:05 pm

I'd prefer to have Cook, but these TE's coming out from Iowa are the shit.
Hockenson may not even be there to be honest, Noah Fant may be Vernon Davis 2.0.
Hockenson reminds me more of a complete TE, who loves pancaking guys that outweigh him. You guys ever see Baldy breakdowns?
He squats down and stays so low and just drives his man off the ball.
Lee Smith was supposed to be the best blocking TE in the biz but gets far too many penalties...he'll be gone.
Darrin Waller could be good, but these rookie TEs are the freaky good.
Pair Noah Fant with 3 experienced wideouts and that spells trouble.
We'll hopefully be able to keep up with the high flying offenses across the league.
Now, we need to hit on all of our defensive draft picks along with figuring out our RB situation.
I want Lynch one more year assuming he comes in to camp the same shape as he did last year. You know, when he out ran that Corner for the 60 yard touchdown. I forget if that was pre season or not, but my goodness was he fast.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum