Free agency update

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Free agency update

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:56 am

Do we investigate bringing in Leveon Bell now. That's mucho bucks invested in two players if we do. It's an offensive league afterall. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I don't think Mayock and company will want to blow the whole wad of cash and go after Bell but who knows. I know Gruden loves him so you never know.
Going back to AB, I'm looking at some other positives.
1. He'll make Conley better by practicing against the best WR in the AFC everyday

2. It'll open up the run game even more, last year we got into a pretty consistent rhythm with a hurt o
O- line and Doug freaking Martin!
Imagine upgrading the RT spot and a stud back there at RB?
3. It'll give Gruden a better look at what we have in Carr and set the table for the 2020 season. Do we start over or keep adding talented starters at Key positions?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Other thing is hearing that Mayock handled his own in negotiations. He didn't panic and give up the entire refrigerator...he was cool calm and collected.

Reggie would have waited for all of the June 1st cuts and looking at his rolodex with his thick ass fingers.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Gruden has had a sit down with Mark Davis probably regarding the impending move. Star power sells in pro sports as well as wins which is utmost of importance. We need an interesting and entertaining product going into vegas. AB will sell tix and jerseys in Oak and vegas. I expect some other branded vet FA that are household names coming to Vegas. Like in Gruden's 2nd and 3rd yr in Oak the first time around. Romo, Gannon,Rice, Garner,Rison, parella, r woodson, trace armstrong etc all were picked up via FA and what not and we had three straight nice years, won the division 3 yrs in a row and were SB contenders those years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 am

If they think that's all they need to do at the WR position I'll be very disappointed.

And if you gave me a choice between AB, AJ Green and DeAndre Hopkins, I'd probably pick Hopkins. It would be a tough call, but I'm not so sure AB is the best in the AFC anymore. Green's a fucking beast too.

A lot of people seem to think Tyreek hill is the best in the entire league. I'm not one of them.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:25 pm

We’re supposed to be interested in DE/LB Markus Golden.

Boring.

Someone’s going to overpay huge for this guy, I really hope it’s not us.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum