Pat's win on to next year

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Pat's win on to next year

Postby piratepride » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Pat's win again, on to next year.
I'm bored so playing GM again, Freddy, why don't you give us your plan moving forward instead of the typical rant?

I typed up a long piece a few minutes ago, but accidentally ba led out and lost it all, here's the short version.

Free agency- DE Trey Flowers or Dee ford, both top yound rushers and are still young.

MLB- CJ Mosley best in the business and still young.

Trades- I think Jalen Ramsey can be had for a 3rd round pick, lock down corner, move Conley to the #2 spot where he'll shine even more.

Draft- if I had my druthers, we would land either Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams ( assuming Mayock doesn't trade for Bosa at #1).

One of the top 3 WR's will still be there at the 27 spot, so we go defense back to back at #24.

Josh Allen #4 DE

Deonte Thomas #24 or Nassir Adderley saftey to replace the aging Reggie Nelson.

DK Metcalf wr #27 we could easily go Marquise Brown here also.

TJ Hockenson TE - if Cook signs a massive deal on the open market, this dude is gonna be the next Gronkowski or Travis Kelce. He probably wont slip past the Patriots at #32, but man would he be a welcome addition. Monster road grader also!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Pat's win on to next year

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Don't have a plan. Raider franchise is garbage and I don't care right now. Mark da kike, Chuck the suck and Reverend Carr are on my shit list right now.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 pm

This would be a drastically different team heading into next OTA's, still not as strong as we need to compete for a title, but alot more big time starters moving forward.

We still have major concerns, but still have our other draft picks for Mayock to hit on. Just don't think we'll get major game changing players so I won't waste time talking about the selections.

Question ahead-
RT- I went back and re watched our last home gome versus Denver and the rookie man handled his assignment 90 percent of the time 9n run plays to his side ( go see the highlight on Martin's TD run). However, on pass plays he looks like swiss cheese, is Tom Cable the man to coach him up?

RB- Chris Warren III deserves a shot, but I'd rather keep Lynch one more year and give him backup duties. Maybe draft a running back in the 4th round.

OG- we need backup, our line improved tremendously when Osemele was able to play, but he's been hurt and may be a cap casualty. Gabe Jackson is a stud but recovering from elbow fracture. We can nab a starter in the 3rd round if we don't trade for Ramsey.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Pirate how can you even think Raider football right now. Last season was a disgrace on so many levels its hard even supporting this franchise. Gruden is a piece of shit and his qb is a bigger piece of shit.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 pm

New look Raiders look like this

Defense
CB1 Jalen Ramsey
Trey Flowers
Quinnen Williams
Mo Hurst
Arden Key
CB2 Gareon Conley

SS Karl Joseph
FS Nassir Adderley

LB- Tahir Whitehead CJ Mosley. Marquel Lee

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm

QB QB Carr

LT Miller
LG Benswazuel
C Hudson
RG Jackson
RT Parker - Rookie

TE Hockenson

Wr1 DK Metcalf
Wr2 Nelson
WR 3 Roberts / Ateman

Offense needs another year to fill out, or swing for the fences now and go hare after AB or Leveon Bell.
I'd rather retool the defense and draft offense in 2020 in Vegas.

If Carr stinks it up this year we'll be in prime position again to nab next season's top QB.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:41 am

I'm probably not the only one who looks up to the Pat's as a legit franchise. I can't help but compare our sorry mess were in right now. There's got to be a way out of this mess!
I for one was pissed off the team went official with Vegas, but this is honestly the best thing for us.
Brand spanking new stadium.
Free agents will want to play in.
No more sewer water infested surroundings at games.

Shit ton of cap $$$$
Finally have the coaching it takes to win.

Say what you want about this Freddy, but our past coaches would have been badly beaten by the Steelers and Denver at home 8n years past.
The team never quit on Gruden and the man still knows how to game plan.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 am

Pirate I like your thinking for the most part.

Signing Mosley would be a 500-foot home run.

You know what I think about Trey Flowers. That dude can fuck shit up, no matter what kind of play it is. He and Dee Ford are VERY similar type players.

Those guys plus a pass rusher at #4 like Allen or a monster like Quinnen - yup.

HOWEVER:

The Safety market was very loose this season, and I don't see it getting really tight next year. I don't think we need to draft a S in the first round. We can either sign a good one on the cheap in FA or wait til the 3rd or 4th to draft one, because that's a position that's going to slide, IMO.

NO WAY can we get away with just one high-quality addition at WR, especially if it's a rookie. We have to draft one in the first round AND sign a top-5 free agent. We have the cap to do it, especially if Osemele is going away (which I have no problem with).

We can't stand pat at RB. Chris Warren looked great in preseason. He who banks on preseason to translate to the regular season is planning to fail. We have to draft a RB high or trade for one. One of the top 2 guys will be there for us in the 2nd round.

So with picks 24, 27 and round 2, we select the following positions:

TE
WR
RB

And we pick them in whatever order falls out best. For example, if Fant is still there at 24, we take him. If not, we take best available WR, then take the other TE at 27. Then the Montgomery kid at RB in the 2nd round.

So we draft

Edge/DT - Allen
TE - Fant
WR - BPA
RB - Montgomery
Defense

And we sign

MLB - Mosley
DE - Ford/Flowers
CB - ? Ramsey?
WR - top-3
FS - BPA

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:05 pm

With all of the mock drafts I've seen out there, we might have to reach for a DE like Ferrell or Rashan Gary at the 4 spot. Bosa is going #1 no matter who picks, Josh Allen has pretty much cemented himself as the #2 guy, and Quinnen Williams is top 2 or 3 no matter the mock across the internet.
We might be sitting pretty at #4 to trade down to say the #7 spot and pickup another 3rd rounder for a team looking to nab Kyler Murray or Haskins.
Murray looks like another Mahomes without as much arm talent, somebody is going to take him in the top 10 for sure.

Our top needs in my opinion

1.DE
2.LB
3.WR
4.RB
5.CB
6.DT
7.FS
8.RG

If we trade out of the 4 spot we'll more than likely pickup at least a 3rd rounder.
So here's another take on if we gain an additional 3rd rounder.

Round 1 #7 overall- Rashan Gary DE

Round 1 #24 overall- Marquise Brown WR
Round 1 #27 overall- DeAndre Baker CB

Round 2- Dalton Risner RT
Round 3- Taylor Rapp FS

Round 3- Best RB available, hopefully Damien Harris is still there.

I don't think the coaching staff will want to look like idiots and pay Trey Flowers the $$$$ they should have paid Mack. They'll look to draft thier DE and pay him the allotted cash at the #7 spot.
They'll more than likely sign Gerald McCoy DT for a Bruce Irvin type deal now that we signed the ex Buc D line coach.
Gruden loved the Tackle Dalton Risner in the senior bowl, dude was nasty and down right dominated the entire d line class. The two hit it off right away.
Gruden will look to blame McKenzie for reaching on Brandon Parker for " his guy" and put Parker where he should be...on the bench as a backup.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Oops I meant RT as a need not RG. Either way if the draft pans out anywhere near what I call out for I'll be happy! If we take a look at free agency and make a splash in the coming weeks that will do wonders to getting back to respectability.
I think we'll need to out bid other teams at a few key positions if we want to compete in our division.
The single most important position in my mind ( other than DE) ( which I'm making my prediction now and saying no way Gruden pays top dollar for a DE) is the MLB spot.
My whole plan revolves around us being able to convince CJ Mosley's agent we'll pay him whatever the hell his client wants. The Ravens would also have to not franchise tag him lol.
So with the draft and my GM maneuvering moves, our team has filled multiple spots and remain on track to turn this thing around just in time for Vegas.

Team needs

1.DE- Rashan Gary
2.MLB- free agent CJ Mosley
3.WR- Marquise Brown
4.RB-Damien Harris or BPA
5.CB- DeAndre Baker
6.FS- Taylor Rapp
7.DT- Gerald McCoy or another mid tier stop gap player.
What's the other dudes name from Denver? Samoan NT?
8.RT- Dalton Risner

I realize some of my players that got drafted aren't in order of need, I went with my gut and how Gruden values big bodies in the trench over position.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum