Our first 4 picks

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Our first 4 picks

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:51 am

We basically have 4 first-rounders because our 2nd-round is so early. Here's what we need to spend them on, probably in this order - and all these guys need to be #1 starters:

DE - Love to get Clelin Ferrell
ILB - Devin White is the dream
WR - AJ Brown
RB - Damien Harris

Then we address CB, OLB, DT, FS in free agency, and pull in a couple more solid WRs.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Our first 4 picks

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:07 pm

Where does Mayock have these guys is the question. Hopefully he is succesfull.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes that's a really good question. He may well have someone like Josh Allen or one of the other tweener OLB type edge rushers ahead of Ferrell. Personally I'm thinking of what would work best in our 4-3. Ferrell is 265 lbs, not some lightweight you want to drop back in coverage. Ever.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Question: Did Mayock post an early mock draft and let the world know how we rank guys and what we're probably going to do? lol.

I'm sure he had all these guys ranked already, so everyone knows what our board looks like, anyway.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Nah, Mayock usually waits until after the senior bowl and the combine to post his mock.
Let's gooooooo Seahawks!!!!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:08 pm

piratepride wrote:Nah, Mayock usually waits until after the senior bowl and the combine to post his mock.
Let's gooooooo Seahawks!!!!

Stupid motherfuckers kept trying to run up the middle LONG after it was obvious to the world that it wasn’t fucking working.

I don’t understand these dumbass coaches sometimes. It’s the old joke “doctor, it hurts when I do this.”

THEN DON’T FUCKING DO THAT DUMBASS!

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Hopefully Dallas gets thumped in either NO or LA. Zeke Elliott a douchebag as well as Jerry Jones and most Cowboy fans I ever met. That org had class when Landry and Staubach were the face of it.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:20 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Stupid motherfuckers kept trying to run up the middle LONG after it was obvious to the world that it wasn’t fucking working.

I don’t understand these dumbass coaches sometimes. It’s the old joke “doctor, it hurts when I do this.”

THEN DON’T FUCKING DO THAT DUMBASS!

This kind of shit pisses me off. This noodge at NFL.com should be paying ME part of whatever he got for this story.

NFL.com wrote:Russell Wilson: Seahawks could have thrown more

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 7, 2019 at 08:22 a.m. Updated: Jan. 7, 2019 at 08:35 a.m.

The Seattle Seahawks ran into a brick wall in the form of the Dallas Cowboys defense. And they kept running into it over and over and over and over in a 24-22 loss.

The Seahawks' brand of run, run, pass game scripts worked well against some mediocre defenses during the regular season. It got destroyed against a good D in the playoffs. Yet, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and coach Pete Carroll kept banging their head against the wall.

Seahawks running backs attempted 21 rushes on the night for 59 yards, 2.8 yards per carry. Outside of one Rashaad Penny 28-yard scamper, the crew was completely held in check. Take out that lone long dash (which was immediately followed by a run for -7 yards by the rookie), and Seattle running backs earned 31 yards on their other 20 attempts, 1.55 yards per carry. Lead back Chris Carson got bottled up better than ketchup, generating 20 yards on 13 attempts, 1.5 YPC, with a long run of five yards.

With a ground-heavy approach, the Seahawks generated six three-and-outs on the night, including their first three drives of the game.

.....It's one thing to have a run-centric game plan. It's another not to adjust in-game when it's not working.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Well that tears it for me. I want Ferrell.

Bring that dude in here and let him and Key chase Mahomes together. The guy’s a TFL monster whose sack numbers suffered because everyone double-teamed him. I’m starting to think he’s the one who made all his other line-mates look so damn good.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm

There are 2 other dudes in the mix at the RB spot at the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd. Holyfield from UGA and David Montgomery from Iowa State. They’re shaking up the top 3-5 RB spots in this draft. I think the combine will be huge in determining which one goes first. It shouldn’t be, but it probably will.

I’m just not sold on Damien Harris. Dude’s too small, and Bama’s OL was pretty much elite. We should look elsewhere.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum