Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:16 pm

silver & black wrote:So.... correct me if I'm wrong:

Mayock has NO experience running a team, drafting or handling/negotiating contracts? How is this a great hire?

No he doesn't have any front office experience. I think posters here think he knows talent, adds professionalism, media savy but its yet to be seen if he can manage a cap, negotiate contracts, draft and find value in free agency. Gruden has to be on board with this hire because he's Mark's golden boy. Mayock could be a diamond in the rough. Very astute on his talent prognostications. Can he build a solid roster that Gruden can develop and win with is the question.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Mayock doesn’t necessarily need cap management skills, they can bring in some MIT genius to help him w that.

My problem is that i’ll Never forget Mayock saying that Jamarcus had the best pro day of any player he had ever seen. He was fucking Gaga over the kid. Said he couldn’t believe his size, the ball “looked like a seed in his hand.”

Obviously Mayock has been evaluating college a long time. Clearly that’s what Gruden wants. He wants Mayock to handle the draft while Gruden works FA himself.

We can only hope they can work well together to decide which pot to dip into to best fill each position and spend cap money in the most effective possible way.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:30 pm

You all need to go YouTube the Mayock introductory press conference, man was it refreshing! I'm used to Reggie's basic comments...ummmmm.......welllll.......ummmmmm....
Mayock may not have the cap situation down yet but the dude is as smart as a whip. As Dead pointed out already, Gruden will more than likely be doing the recruiting this off season as he's known for getting players excited over the phone.
Can't wait to see who we pickup this year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:38 pm

It doesn’t matter, John Lynch had no experience either this guy will be most valuable with the draft. I’m sure when it comes to contracts this guy is a lot more shrewd than King Kong with a calculator

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Yeah we have so many fuckin needs both sides of the ball and we don't know who is going to be our QB going forward. Watching Mahomes and Luck yesterday and other QB's we don't have that intangible at QB that other good QB's have like for one making something out of nothing when we're being blitzed on passing downs. These good QB's pull big plays outta their ass unlike our so called qb.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:49 pm

piratepride wrote:You all need to go YouTube the Mayock introductory press conference, man was it refreshing! I'm used to Reggie's basic comments...ummmmm.......welllll.......ummmmmm....
Mayock may not have the cap situation down yet but the dude is as smart as a whip. As Dead pointed out already, Gruden will more than likely be doing the recruiting this off season as he's known for getting players excited over the phone.
Can't wait to see who we pickup this year.

FUCK YEAH. A man that can speak? A man that doesn’t have flies following him? A man that knows football? NFL is already pushing for Reggie to get another GM job. Whoever gets him is fucked. Watch it be the Jets

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:23 pm

Anyone see Mark Davis at the Mayock presser? Mark looks like he put on 50lbs and looks like a dried out prune with a haircut that you have to lose a bet to sport. What an ugly motherfucker he is...Geez Louise!!! Until I see results it is what it is. Thank Goodness our beloved gorilla Reggie was sent to a zoo somewhere.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:27 pm

He looks like he needs his morning Slurpee.. Looks like he just pulled his head out of a toilet searching for the coke he flushed when he heard Reggie knock on the door. Ha!!!!! Reggie was sent to the San Diego zoo and the Bronx zoo but was refused entry because of a parasite that lives in Reggie’s Afro that is yet to be identified. Hopefully Reggie goes back to Africa & is put on the protected species list. While in Africa Reggie will educate the young spear chuckers how to use the plus button on a calculator. Much like C3po is worshipped by Ewoks so to is Reggie worshipped by the native tribes. They call him Hitkulu that translates giant orange ape. Farewell Reggie!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:18 pm

In retrospect was Reggie that hideoua? I just remember a 350lb colored man with red hair and freckles that looked constipated and sounded like a caveman from 1000 years ago. Was that all real or a bad reality tv show. Seriously, this is a billion dollar sports franchise and that thing, that sasquatch was hired to be the decision maker of the franchise. Only in America!!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 am

Shiiiiit man... Replacing Reggie with Mayock? I'll take that all fuckin day long, guys.

I would have been happy with a telephone pole in exchange. So this is a good trade-off.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum