I broke my boycott

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

I broke my boycott

Postby DeadRinger » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

So I seriously haven't bought Raiders gear in 2 years. Used to be an offseason thing for me to pick up several things.

My gear has been getting really stale. My hats are shit.

So I know our draft and our FA have been a huge shit sandwich, but the fact that Mark and the ownership really swung for the fences with this unbelievable play to get Gruden in here tells me at least SOMEBODY in this organization actually wants to win.

So I got a couple new hats and a new jacket. Not much, but it's a start, about $150 worth.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: I broke my boycott

Postby silver & black » Fri May 11, 2018 3:02 pm

That's more than I've bought. I haven't purchased any Raiders gear in over 3 years. I'm due for a new hat, though...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Gruden was brought in as a marketing stunt to reenergize the base. Went stale last year and would of been down the toilet if DelRio was retained this season with the utter garbage we saw last year. Mark knew Gruden could spark some kind of optimism outside of getting Belichick. Gruden has that 'it' factor that Mark couldn't deny himself and the organization marketing and public relations.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm

I have learned my lesson. I had a McFadden jersey, unfortunately a Sapp jersey, and a god damn Robert Gallery jersey. Those all turned to shit I never get modern player jerseys anymore. Now if I get a jersey it’s old school only. I have a Stabler, Tatum and Long Jerseys. And I buy the same Raiders hat every 2 years. The pirate logo one without the shield I been getting that one since 02 or some shit.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:03 pm

As a white guy in my experiences sporting a Raider hat people think your a tweeker or a wise ass white trasher which I'm not. People say the Raiders are a mex or black thugs team. Thats how bad this franchise marketing has been. Educated middle class whites are scrutinized for sporting that logo.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat May 12, 2018 3:09 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:As a white guy in my experiences sporting a Raider hat people think your a tweeker or a wise ass white trasher which I'm not. People say the Raiders are a mex or black thugs team. Thats how bad this franchise marketing has been. Educated middle class whites are scrutinized for sporting that logo.

I'm 58 with a full, white beard. No one mistakes me for a tweeker or a wise ass..... well, maybe a wise ass...lol. I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks. I've been a Raiders fan longer than the gang banger image has been around. It will be interesting to see what image the team takes after the move to Vegas.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 pm

The struggle is real. I don't see any white guys that aren't trash sporting Raider gear and thats including when I lived in SoCal for fifteen years. Most I see are mex,black and white trashers that look like speed fiends. Its their wigga identity. Just have never met many white collar whites who identify as Raider fans. The Raider brand has been tarnished for thirty years and has had a street thug gangsta facade started by the LA gangsta scene and quickly glamorized by the media. Most white Raider fans that I met in Calif were bikers and ex bikers, blue collar roughnecks and street level tweeker white hood rats.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm

I can't relate to any of that. I live in Ohio, so I'm surrounded by Browns and Steelers fans. I've sported Raiders gear my whole life. I fly a Raiders flag on my house. I don't give two shits what anyone thinks. I'm a middle class white guy..... fuck anyone that thinks I'm trash because I'm a Raiders fan.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I would type more but I'm using one hand. The other hand is scratching my balls because some broad gave me the crabs. Think I should shave my pubes and lather up my groin with barbecue fluid or something and burn the fuckers out.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun May 13, 2018 5:11 am

Yea, those little fuckers are no fun!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Next