Into 2018 - we look like amateurs

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Into 2018 - we look like amateurs

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:55 pm

So we grab Chucky. I’m stoked.

Then we hire Olson. Now i’m Pretty fucking unhappy, I have to tell you. Because it shows a questionable decision-making process right off the bat. We should have learned our lesson with Knapp redux and the Bresnahan retread debacle. Disaster.

Then we whiff on every premium FA out there. Best we get is Whitehead - who’s a solid workhorse and nothing great. Nelson’s speed is ultra-questionable. Beyond that we’re fucked.

So i’m Waiting for Chucky to kill the draft and make me happy about SOMETHING. And I get this. The hits keep coming. It’s like taking an uppercut from Tyson after he already knocked you senseless with that left hook.

So here’s what’s going to happen in 2018.

Arden Key is going to light it up for us early. He may or may not get suspended this season, I kind of expect him to start fucking up in ‘19. He’s going to be our instant impact guy.

Rahsaan Melvin will do pretty well, and we’re all goin to like Whitehead I think.

Kolton will be playing RT and he’s gonna get ass-fucked by division rivals. Carr is going to get terrorized, Chubb is going to dominate us. It might just get bad enough that we’ll try out the other kid at RT. Kolton has a lot to learn.

Vanderdoes will very quickly be replaced by one of the rooks. Not sure which one. I don’t really care, either one is prob an upgrade over him, but that’s not saying a damn thing.

Our meniscus CB won’t do shit this year, much like Conley last season. We’re going to have to rely on former backups to start for us.

I really believe we’re in good shap at both S spots. No prob there.

I think we see Key and Mack starting at DE. I know Gruden wants to get Irvin’s hand down, but we haven’t done shit to shore up that other OLB spot. I have zero faith in Corey fucking James, I think he’s a loser. Nick Morrow never impressed me, and Marquel is just God-awful. So not only do we NEED Irvin there, we also need Bowman back

So Key and Mack start at DE, and I believe Ellis and Hall at DT.

At CB we’ll have Conley/Melvin/Worley starting, which has potential to be solid or just plain not good. Who the fuck knows?

So we’re fielding a defense that has MASSIVE question marks all over the field. We lost a lot of contributors, some of them even good.

So we better be able to score about 27 points/gam. And I don’t see that happening.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Into 2018 - we look like amateurs

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:55 pm

If you guys had just done what I did - which was to quickly run through the 2017 PFF grades of every CB on our team - you’d be unbelievably depressed.

Really, even knowing that it’s bad, I think you’d all be at least a little surprised at just how bad this crew is.

We REALLY should have stayed put in rd 2 and picked Josh Jackson. REALLY.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 pm

I hear ya, DR. I'm one depressed Raiders fan right now.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:20 pm

Let me give you guys an idea of what I mean about the CBS.

In PFF for 2017, only 5 CBS graded out 90or better. Tough to make that cut. HOWEVER, 46 total CBS graded 80or better.

Know how many are on our team right now? ONE. Rahsaan Melvin.

That’s it.

Conley is unranked because he didn’t play enough.

So next to Melvin our best ranked CB is Shareece Wright, rated 69.9. That gets him the #81 rank in the league for 2017. He sucks balls.

So basically we’d better hope that Conley and Melvin are at least average starting material, and that our new 4th rounder can recover from his miniscus really fucking fast, and all of them stay really fucking healthy (Melvin missed SIX games last season).

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:26 pm

In case anyone’s interested, Aaron Donald, Harrison Smith and Cameron Jordan had the 3 highest PFF grades last season, in that order. I believe Gronk was 4th and maybe Brady 5th.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:12 am

In Chucky we trust! He didn't come here to embarrass himself. If he bombs it will affect his brand and marketability and he knows it. Gruden is a very prideful and ultra competitive guy. He won't and can't fail. If DelRio can get us 12-4 and a playoff appearance. Chucky can get us that in the next two years and deep in the playoffs and maybe a big show bid. Let him do what he does.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:33 pm

What does he care about his brand dude?? He’s locked in for 10 yrs at $10m each! He has tenure bro!

He is not incentivized to win now! There’s a reason why coaches don’t get contracts like this, because fear for their jobs is healthy.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:18 pm

His off the field ventures. Spokesmen, advertiser and espn football job. If he stinks up the joint in Oakland all his football credibility will go down the toilet. Gruden is a prideful guy. He doesn't want to embarrass himself and tarnish his brand that has made him wealthy away from coaching the lasr decade.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:53 pm

From a forum a long time ago...... TWT!

You seem awfully convinced Freddie. Not like you...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Well you know I think Reggie is affirmative action trash. Yes I do have faith Gruden and Guenther and the coaches Gruden brought in will have a positive impact on this roster. Downing and Norton jr and Del Rio last year showed their fuckin clueless. Gruden will be the 1st coach in NFL history to win a Lombardi with two different franchises.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum