Raiders to buy out McKenzie's contract?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders to buy out McKenzie's contract?

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 am

This may be total speculation of bullshit, but I read a post from a PFT reader saying that "reports are" that we're trying to get rid of Reggie. Apparently Gruden thinks he's just getting in the way.

We shall see... And hope...

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Raiders to buy out McKenzie's contract?

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:07 pm

I pray to God this is true. It would be the greatest thing to ever happen for this team. Get him the fuck out & use his head to open the fuckin door!! I hope it’s not some sports writer asshole talking shit. Reggie should be exterminated

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:21 pm

I think after this season which will probably be a 7 or 8 win season Reggie will be gone. Gruden in the owners/coaches meeting in Florida which his interview is on raiders.com didn't seem to optimistic about his roster as of right now. Gruden said quite a few high round picks need to step up and he wants Bowman resigned. Gruden seemed happy with maybe 3 or 4 of the 17 free agents we brought in. The rest might not even make the roster for the most part. He basically indirectly said the reason for all these FA bodies in camp is because the piss poor drafting for a long time now that has left the roster like swiss cheese. He isn't happy with the depth and talent in almost every position.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm

That Gruden interview on raiders.com is about an hour and fifteen minutes and is well worth the watch. Pretty fuckin thorough interview.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:55 am

Yeah Fred, but I also heard him hand Reggie a big-ass excuse, saying (paraphrasing except for the "poor Reggie" part) "poor Reggie has had to try to get players to fit 4 or 5 different systems during his time here, and that's just not how you succeed."

But I'm with him, of course, except I'm not really happy about any of the signings so far. I think of all of them, the Whitehair signing may be the most successful of the bunch but that's not saying much IMO. Tahir and Jordy are the only ones I can see paying real dividends. The rest are backups that will be forced into starting roles for us, and we've seen WAY plenty enough of that particular brand of Mckenzie bullshit to know how this ends.

People are slamming Jordy for last year's performance, but no receiver in the league could put up good numbers when Hundley is the QB. I completely disregard last season's stats.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Well Gruden doesn't want to outright throw Reggie under the bus. Everyone knows how piss poor Reggie's drafts have gone.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Not everyone. Any time I slam Reggie in a post on PFT, I get about 75% down votes. Still. After 6 seasons and a dog shit W/L during that time. That’s the kind of track record that gets people fired with a swiftness in the real world.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Mark isn't Al and Reggie's black. Rooney rule gives blacks the benefit of the doubt like what Reggie's getting. Its fucked up but it is what it is. Gruden knows how fucked up Reggie's drafts are.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum