Wilkerson to visit us after chiefs

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Wilkerson to visit us after chiefs

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Agree to disagree. No point in beating the horse to death. I don’t care who QBs us to a ring. I would just like to see us win one before the move. Fans deserve it.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:39 am

The contract was/is a disgrace, I agree. The thing is, there isn't anyone we can get that is better than Carr, at this point. We have no choice but to run with him. He's far better than what we've had the previous 10+ years before him.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby PHXR8R » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm

The contract will be determined by the time he’s played it out. Certainly it doesn’t let on equitable based on what he’s done his first year out under it. He turns it around this year and plays to his potential and it may look like a bargain by the time he’s up for an extension. Good thing is if we want to move on from him next year, we can with relatively little cap liability. He counts for $22.5 against the cap in 19’, it cut, he’s into the cap for 7.5 mil. Not chump change but doable if he turns out to be garbage. In other words, we don’t have to keep him because the dead cap money is unmanageable.

You want to see a WTF contract? Look at this for 7 starts in the NFL.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisc ... olo-14472/

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Garropollo has all the makings of a great one and was heir apparent to Brady. Niners know they have a stud and had to pay him or he would have left. Look at film of Carr's mechanics in the pocket and his throws and look at Garropollo's film. Night and day. Carr throws off his back foot and shits his pants with pressure in the pocket. He underthrows and overthrows guys wide open or checks down too often. Hopefully he gets straightened out.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Garropollo has all the makings of a great one and was heir apparent to Brady. Niners know they have a stud and had to pay him or he would have left. Look at film of Carr's mechanics in the pocket and his throws and look at Garropollo's film. Night and day. Carr throws off his back foot and shits his pants with pressure in the pocket. He underthrows and overthrows guys wide open or checks down too often. Hopefully he gets straightened out.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Freddie........ what's your point? Yea.... Garroppolo "seems" like a stud QB... right now. Let's see how it unfolds as the season progresses next year. WE have no choice at QB other than Carr. Why not embrace him and see where it leads? He is certainly NOT the worst QB we could have!

I understand your concerns and ire, but why keep beating a dead horse?

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Don't mean to beat a dead horse just call it the way I see it. My only comfort is Gruden is there to make sure the kid develops properly and gets taught to correct some things. Gruden wouldn't have taken the job if he knew we had a bum at QB.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am

Either way... Carr is going to have better support and development from the new staff. He will get better play selection and situational football guidance. As much as I support him, the fumble for a touchback against Dallas is something inexcusable given we had the tie secured and a probable win if he just goes out of bounds with the first. That is the kind of thing Gruden would not tolerate and would bench him for.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum