Wilkerson to visit us after chiefs

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Wilkerson to visit us after chiefs

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:23 pm

silver & black wrote:I know. Screw a year or two. Get young, hungry players. I'm tired of old vets that have nothing left ,except seeing how much money they can get from past glory. If we sign Sherman............... just fuck me!

You meant that post for Nat huh? Lmfao.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Dip shit Sherman is going to the Niners. Guess John Lynch sucked Bob Kaft's lil jew pecker to get Garropollo because that was highway robbery.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:13 pm

If they could have just discussed signing a contract lmao. Thats a lot of work for Lynch to get a car with 4 repaired flats.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:19 pm

PHXR8R wrote:If they could have just discussed signing a contract lmao. Thats a lot of work for Lynch to get a car with 4 repaired flats.

Lynch getting Garropollo gave them a franchise qb for a decade. I'd rather Garropollo than Carr.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:28 pm

That remains to be seen. It may prove out to your point, but I haven’t watched any of Garapolo’s tape. I’m sticking with the QB that got us our only winning season since the SB against TB. Defensive Coordinators aren’t sleeping on him this year and he has to play that Rams D twice a year with a big ass contract after 7 starts in the NFL. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:14 pm

He'll have his ups and downs (Garropollo) but he has better mechanics than Carr, throws a more accurate ball and gets it out of there with precision. I think the kid is special and would of done what Brady did in NE the past couple years if given the chance.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:38 pm

I don’t think he’s better or worse than Carr at the moment. Not enough tape on him and he was on a 1-10 team down the stretch. Trap games and teams either set in playoff position or playing out the string. I’ll say he played the last 5 games better than Carr played his last 5 games. I don’t doubt he has the talent. But as with Carr, let’s see the consistency. I’m not a homer so much that I would deny Carr is not elite, or has a lot of room for improvement. I’ll give Jimmy G his due if he goes and lights it up as you predict.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Well their similiar age and Garropollo is better in the pocket and a much more accurate passer than Carr. Carr is way too inaccurate as I'd consider him a project. Gruden will try to save his career. Because Carr got bust written all over him.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Carr may get better, he may get worse, he may stay the same. One thing he’s not is a bust. He did enough his first 3 years to get a 2nd contract. MVP consideration and solid numbers for 4 years overall. He was a second rounder. Busts generally are reserved for 1st rounders in the top 10 selection for the most part. Once you get past the first 10 players of a draft, the expectations are much less. Depending on the hype a player gets coming out of college, he may not even get a bust hung on him even if he fails to impress. DHB was a ridiculous pick at 7 overall. That was on AD. Most don’t consider him a bust because he didn’t have the hype as a high first rounder.

Carr was expected to do worse than his brother. He had no expectations of a franchise 1st round pick. He’s well worth the 2nd round pick we spent on him. He may never get better and still not be a bust in the traditional sense.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Carr had a lucky 2016 season. He hasn't done shit. That contract was a disgrace!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum