Let's talk about WR.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Gruden is getting 10 mill, Carr 25 mill so no comparison....Elway went to 5 super bowls and won 2, Favre went to 2 super bowls and won. Aside from that I'd take Elway over Favre any day. Favre's careless gunslinging cost the Packers a couple more SB appearances. Carr has to stop emulating Favre throwing off his back foot and into double or triple coverage. Aaron Rodgers is a much better and smarter QB than Favre ever was. I'd take Rodger's precision as an example of what Carr could be if he had better mechanics and composure.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Cousins would be stupid to go to the Jets aside from a huge pay day. Their a garbage organization with tremendous media and fan impatience. Jets have proven over fifty years they don't know how to build a winner. Denver or Minnesota would be better for him.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:45 pm

I’m good with that. Rodgers is who most people consider Carr’s ceiling is. Elway’s rings were bought with money that cheated the salary cap and Terrel Davis’ running game. Elway 0-3 without TD and 2-0 with TD. I credit TD with putting them over the top more than Elway magic. He’s an egomaniacal GM that lucked into Manning, and he’s a Donk lifer. I acknowledge his numbers and that is it. He can’t draft a QB or develop one to save his life eventhough he’s a HOF QB.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Elway going to 3 Super bowls in the 80's was an accomplishment on average Bronco teams

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Natalia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Natalia
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Natalia wrote:Image

LOL!!! Elway has that horse mouth ya just wanna punch him in the mouth for kicks!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Good thread Dead, I havent had time to post in awhile let alone come to this site to read.
I'm in the pro Carr camp, but have to agree with Freddy, Pheonix posts wayy toooo long lol!
That said, you have good insight and I look forward to another fresh view om this board.
Anybody habe a chance to watch Grudens combine interview today? Hes such a good communicator and you can tell he already knows what the teams strengths and weaknesses are. He understands we have some major question marks, but I get the feeling he knows what we need to do to fix it. It seemed last year Jack rolled with the punches amd simply didnt put in the amount of time the position requires. It's refreshing hearing Gruden talk in depth about the team, you can tell hes spent alot of time pouring over film.

Im hoping we go hard on defense in both free agency and the draft.
Malcom Butler / Trumaine Johnson
Mo Wilkerson / Dontari Poe
Navorro Bowman / Zack Brown/ larry Johnson 1 year deal?
Draft- Roquan smith/ Minkah Fitzpatrick / Vita Vea
Quenton Nelson nasty mauler from Notre Dame.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 pm

I love Sony Michel , I think he would be an awesome get in round two. I like our RB depth, but Michel is a stud who reminds me of Leveon Bell.
Theres also alot if trade chatter with the Seahawks and the Cardinals about Earl Thomas, Sherman, and Mathieu.
Wonder what it would take to get one of those studs?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am

FreddieB25 wrote:Cousins would be stupid to go to the Jets aside from a huge pay day. Their a garbage organization with tremendous media and fan impatience. Jets have proven over fifty years they don't know how to build a winner. Denver or Minnesota would be better for him.

Cousins is going to the highest bidder. MIN is close and would be my choice were I him. DEN has no OL, no run game, no TE, aging receivers, and a D that is good but 3 years older from their prime.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:16 am

piratepride wrote:I love Sony Michel , I think he would be an awesome get in round two. I like our RB depth, but Michel is a stud who reminds me of Leveon Bell.
Theres also alot if trade chatter with the Seahawks and the Cardinals about Earl Thomas, Sherman, and Mathieu.
Wonder what it would take to get one of those studs?

Aside from injury issues with Thomas and Sherman, Mathieu would require a 1 and 2 min IF he were available. AZ is not letting him go. Trumaine Johnson is likely our number 1 target in FA. He’s gonna cost around $14-5 a year. Think $28-30 guaranteed, 4 year $60 mil type deal.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum