Mike Tice

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Mike Tice

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 am

So Mike Tice is retiring. Said he doesn’t think today’s players want to be coached any more. Didn’t seem like it was like that until Lynch arrived. Lynch and Downing were the main culprits of last year. The attitude Lumch brough with him is inconsequential on a team with established leaders. It was destructive for a young team on the rise. The RBs he “mentored” regressed. The OC bending to his style of blocking killed the O. Crabtree cancer in remission, came back. Penn became a prima donna. Del Rio exposes as soft. It’s pretty damning what Tice stated. That team doesn’t have one shred of a Gruden team. We are going to need more than one year to see the results.

1) 1st year- ceiling 10-6 ... bottom 7-9. Prediction 9-7. WC
2) 2nd year- ceiling 11-5... bottom 9-7. AFC west champ.
3) 3rd year SB appearance.

The DL needs a legit DT. Bruce Irvin, or new rush DE with double digit sack potential. Move Koseph to FS. Obi to SS and find out what he has. Draft a LB in round 1-3. Get a slot corner to replace TJ or keep him. Restructure Amerson and cut Smith. Grab a DB in round 1-3 depending on what we took with one.

Offense- replace Penn if we have options in FA or rounds 1-3. Have Ware and Sharpe battle for RT. Loser backs up st both RT and LT. Lee Smith vet min for depth or gone. Need a TE that can block and catch. Neither Walford or cook can block. Round 4 magic would help here. Gotta grab a WR in FA or draft to replace Roberts. Holton is still a 4 for speed and ST. Keep Crabs one year, and move Coop to the slot. Grab Hyde from SF to replace Lynch. Use Oliwale.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Mike Tice

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm

He needs to fucking retire after his o-line full of fucking assholes deliberately got Carr injured earlier in the season.

Fucking worthless human beings, the lot of them. They need to go kneel on someone else's sideline. Especially Penn, that ringleader sack of shit.

We need at least 2 white o-linemen. Never should have ditched Wis and Veldheer.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Jack Full of Diarrhea made his 3.5 mill this past year sat on his thumbs and let this trainwreck derail. Would Pete Carrol or Belichick put this garbage on the field? Fuck no!!! Would any QB worth a damn in the last 2 mins of the last game of the year in a blowout loss and a 6-10 season and four straight losses be smiling on the sideline like Carr was? Fuck no!!! Gruden better get Carr's ass in gear because that motherfucker had no fire all year being paid 25 mill. Foles showed me more this season when Wentz went down than Carr has his whole career. Carr is a fraud and a phoney until I see differently.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:05 am

FreddieB25 wrote:Jack Full of Diarrhea made his 3.5 mill this past year sat on his thumbs and let this trainwreck derail. Would Pete Carrol or Belichick put this garbage on the field? Fuck no!!! Would any QB worth a damn in the last 2 mins of the last game of the year in a blowout loss and a 6-10 season and four straight losses be smiling on the sideline like Carr was? Fuck no!!! Gruden better get Carr's ass in gear because that motherfucker had no fire all year being paid 25 mill. Foles showed me more this season when Wentz went down than Carr has his whole career. Carr is a fraud and a phoney until I see differently.

Foles may have shown you a lot this year, but there were many other years you would have been saying the exact same shit about him that you're saying about Carr now.

Carr got the shit beaten out of him this year, and couldn't trust his own OL to want to keep him safe. It was a bullshit season and everyone's glad it's over and now it's time to move on.

If Carr plays like his brother in 2018, then we know what we have.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:14 am

DeadRinger wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:Jack Full of Diarrhea made his 3.5 mill this past year sat on his thumbs and let this trainwreck derail. Would Pete Carrol or Belichick put this garbage on the field? Fuck no!!! Would any QB worth a damn in the last 2 mins of the last game of the year in a blowout loss and a 6-10 season and four straight losses be smiling on the sideline like Carr was? Fuck no!!! Gruden better get Carr's ass in gear because that motherfucker had no fire all year being paid 25 mill. Foles showed me more this season when Wentz went down than Carr has his whole career. Carr is a fraud and a phoney until I see differently.

Foles may have shown you a lot this year, but there were many other years you would have been saying the exact same shit about him that you're saying about Carr now.

Carr got the shit beaten out of him this year, and couldn't trust his own OL to want to keep him safe. It was a bullshit season and everyone's glad it's over and now it's time to move on.

If Carr plays like his brother in 2018, then we know what we have.

Kids overrated ...you know that Dead. There's better in this league.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 pm

I know it's possible he's overrated. And hell yes, there's better. I already mentioned I'd take Cousins if I could.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I know it's possible he's overrated. And hell yes, there's better. I already mentioned I'd take Cousins if I could.

Aside from injury last year and back injury against Denver this year Carr got paid last summer and went through the motions in most of the games. No fire or leadership. Carr smiling towards end of Charger game in week 17 was despicable to watch from a pro athlete whose the face of this franchise and the 2nd highest paid QB in the league. Kid has a lot of growing up to do and hopefully Gruden can get him in gear. Jack lost this team in week 3, got them to 6-6 and a shot at the division or wildcard and they took a shit in KC and the 3 games after that. This franchise hasn't finished the season strong in a very long time.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 am

Maybe we each saw different things on the field. I saw an offense that WOULD NOT block for him. REFUSED to catch the fucking ball when it hit them in the hands.

It's really fucking hard to put the team on your shoulders when the team says "FUCK YOU!" That's the kind of thing that can kill that fire. At least for a season.

I believe Carr has what it takes to win it all, sooner or later. I've seen brilliance in his game, and I'm not just talking about flashes. His arm is every bit as live and strong as Stafford's. Excellent accuracy, decent mechanics, decent mobility, decent athleticism, good head on his shoulders. He can make ANY throw. From the pocket or on the run. he can mount comebacks. Be clutch. Or he can just be a game manager if that's what's needed. He can do anything an NFL QB needs to do.

He's like a jack-in-the-box just waiting for the right situation to turn the crank.

There's just way too much righteous tape on the kid for me to toss him aside. He could be a great one.

Let's not forget, this kid was in the running for league MVP in 2016, and for good reason.

So that's the way I see it. I'm not going to argue with your version, because you have some good points. The difference is I completely disagree with using 2017 as the yardstick for Carr. It was a disaster all-around. If there's any one piece of the team I felt was a complete let-down failure, it was the OL. Not Carr.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Carr had a fucked up back, a fucked up OC, a fucked up coach, a fucked up overpaid, lazy, piece of shit, over the hill LT. That Oline got paid because Carr was making good reads and getting the ball out in less than 2.5 seconds. He made that Oline elite with his play in 16’. Fuck Penn in his fucking hold out ass. He fucked up the whole chemistry of that line, and he backed Lynch over his QB that got him paid. Fucking sack of dog shit can fuck off after getting DC a broken leg the year before and how doing out the next year. Carr has one bad year that I can see, 17’. He will be All Pro and in the running for MVP again. Only a clown like Dowing the Great can make an offense regress so badly in one year.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am

Remember what Mike Tice said: his OL didn’t want to be coached. That speaks to a dysfunctional group that thinks it knows what’s best.

And o-linemen should NEVER be thinking. Especially our kneeling all-black line.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum