Flame Bait

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Flame Bait

Postby PHXR8R » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Love these threads...lol!

If you could trade Carr to the Cardinals for David Johnson and a second in this year’s draft, and pick up Cousins in FA. Would you do it? I would and here’s why.

1) David Johnson is a BEAST. He’s a good as anyone we are going to pick up at 9/10. He’s not a rookie.
2) We can use the extra 2nd to move back up to the 1st round and pick up an OL or DT,WR,DB depending on who’s still there.
3) Cousins player for Jay and he’s already running the same system as I would expect Gruden to employ. Carr has to adjust to a new system, Cousins would walk right into the same system.
4) He’s gonna cost the same as Carr.
5) He’s not a religious dude and that may have something to do with locker room chemistry. It’s the NFL, not a professional bible study group. Carr lost some mojo last year.
6) We can focus on a WR and TE in the draft and spend the rest on D.
7) We can win now with that trade.

Not saying I want to, saying I wouldn’t rule it out. Winning now before rolling into Vegas is better for our future overall.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Flame Bait

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:52 am

Yes, I would do it. That one's a no-brainer.

But Reggie would never allow it. Carr and Mack are the only 2 things that keep everyone fooled. They're the only 2 reasons everyone thinks Reggie's great. Reg ain't about to trade away his credibility.

i think Cousins would be a better QB for Gruden's system.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Re: Flame Bait

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:54 am

That’s the beauty of it bro... it’s no longer up to Pancakes. If Gruden wanted it, he’d do it. :twisted:

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum