With the number 9th overall pick, the Oakland Raiders select

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

With the number 9th overall pick, the Oakland Raiders select

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Have you guys been brushing up on all the mock drafts? I'm on them about once or twice a week reading up on team needs where players may land. I'm hoping we win the coin flip once the combine starts for a couple reasons....
1. There's a chance Baker Mayfield and several other QB's get drafted before us.. if that happens one of the big 3 may fall.
Chubb DE, Barkley RB, Fitzpatrick DB.
Out of all of them I'd love Barkley.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: With the number 9th overall pick, the Oakland Raiders se

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 am

Shit if we got Barkley he'd be our best running back since Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson. He'd be a combo of the two as he can catch the ball out of the backfield. We won't get Barkley he'll go early. He'll be a star in this league for a decade on the right team and system.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 am

Barkley will be good no doubt.
This weekend's game between the pats jaguar should be good. While my money is on Tom Brady, I'm kinda hoping the Jags pull off the upset with sound defense. Maybe then it'll show this coaching staff the importance of a good defense. Most of all were pounding the table for Myles Jack....watching him tear shit up waa bitter sweet, we could have had his ass in silver n black.
So now hopefully we land Barkley ( probably not) or go defense and never look back.
Carr with Chuckie will be good enough to score and limit the turnovers. If only he had a defense as good as Alex Smith had for all those years. Defense is the way to go.

Conley healthy, Obi hopefully fully recovered, our free agent LB's that played just ok all season are put back on the bench for depth, and maybe draft a stud LB , DT or DB.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:59 am

Pirate, I'm still trying to settle down from this Reggie-induced catastrophe.

We need fuckin help EVERYWHERE man.

I'll start looking at some things soon. I don't even think everyone has declared yet, right?

Who's the best DT? And is there a Jalen Ramsey/C-Wood type DB in there?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am

Looking at some mocks, most have Barkley going several picks before us.

My first thought is that, if Barkley falls to the Jets at #6 - who will absolutely draft a QB in round 1 - we should trade up to that spot and take him. The Jets should be fine with that because there's nobody between 6 and 10 who would take the next best QB (likely Mayfield), and they need picks badly.

Most mocks have us taking Roquan Smith. As I've said, he's an undersized 'tweener. He has thrived in college because he's not facing the massive, stronger, faster pro players every day. Every time an OL gets to him, it's lights out. And there are a lot of RBs who would run right through him. I don't think the NFL will be kind to him if a team wants to keep him at ILB instead of making him a SS.

I say we bring back Bowman on a 2-yr deal. He should be very receptive because he can stay in the Bay area. Then we pull the trigger on a serious playmaker, either at RB or WR.

Not only would Barkley instantly be our best RB, he'd instantly be our best receiver as well.

If not Barkley, then we trade up in rd 2 and take Sony Michel.

Teams that don't have Tom Brady keep proving over and over that the RB spot is a lot more important than most people seem to think. The Vikes learned it against PHI. Their 3rd down efficiency was just 46%, with the VAST number of first downs coming via the pass. So they had to put the game on Keenum's shoulders, and that's not a good recipe for playoff success, and INTs killed them.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm

We’ll pick exactly opposite of who I want, as always. I want a stud LB, so we’re taking an OL.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum