Georgia vs Alabama game

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Georgia vs Alabama game

Postby piratepride » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Who you got? I think on paper Alabama should win, but those two backs for Georgia are on another level.
Dead, I know your a Georgia fan and were all about Chubb, you think he or Michele would look good in silver and black?

As of today, my 1st overall choice would be Georgia LB Roquan Smith. He's the #1 rated LB , and had a chance to see him versus Oklahoma last game. I have to admit, he got swallowed up alot by o lineman the 1st half, but shined the second half. He plays with great leverage and has the speed it takes to stop the big plays on simple screens or dump offs. He reminds me slot of the Bucs' Lavonte David.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Georgia vs Alabama game

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Saban doesn't lose to his ex coaches and doesn't lose to Georgia that often. Bama by at least 14 points.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:02 am

I do really like Chubb, but I've actually been all about Michel for a long time now.

Chubb is faster and more athletic than most people thing. If you watched the game last weekend you saw him break into the open and outrun all the DBs to the end zone for a n 80-yd TD or something. Chubb is a great RB, but not on Gurley's level. He's also not a typical bruiser like Marshawn Lynch. Chubb could be a young Arian Foster for us.

As for Michel, a lot of people think of him as some kind of 3rd down scat back. Not true. He's faster and more elusive than Chubb, but he has the size and toughness to do it all. Michel is also no Gurley. He doesn't have Gurley's size and strength. But he's also no Reggie Bush either. If I had to compare I'd say he's a LOT like LeSean McCoy. Dude has all kinds of skills.

So looking beyond the talent level, there's a big issue I have w Chubb. He has had some serious injuries to his legs and ankles, which is why he played as a senior. Obviously it didn't look like there were any lingering effects last weekend, but as RBs age and take more and more hits those things come into play.

Michele has also had injuries, but not as many and not as severe as Chubb's.

Neither of these kids has any off-field concerns or attitude problems.

If both were available for me to pick, I'd get Sony Michele. He's just a more versatile guy. He's not going to slam it like Chubb can, but he can hit holes hard and fast. He's a better receiver and better in space, and I think he'll hold up better at the next level.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Nice evaluation! I like Michele also just a bit more considering the Chubb leg injury.
What do you think of Roquan Smith and our fire need of great LB play? Is he the one we've needed for the past decade if not longer?
I've only seen last week's game of him, I know you have more insight than most of us on this topic.

If he's not and we can get a great LB in round 2, we almost have to roll the dice on a LT. Coach Cable used to say if you have a chance at a Cadillac you get him and never look back. Hopefully we won't be in this draft position for a very long time, we may need to place a premium on the LT position risky or not.
Hell, we can even get that Notre Dame Gaurd Nelson and maybe try moving Osemele to LT. Wasn't that the plan anyway?
Assuming Penn is canned or isn't 100%.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 pm

With Reggie drafting these guys you mentioned aren't even on his radar most likely. Reggie likes to be slick and draft alleged rapists with shin splints or guys with baboon hearts or guys with a history of injuries with raw talent. Hopefully Gruden has a huge input into what groceries we're shopping for in the draft. Like I said in another post. I don't see Reggie our GM when we start playing in Vegas in 2020.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Roquan Smith is an interesting one. It depends on how high he goes. I can sum up my own assessment in one word: solid. I think he’ll be an above-average LB in this league. If you’re looking for someone to change games, I just don’t think he’s the guy.

He gets a lot of tackles but I honestly think he needs great players around him in order to excel. Take a look at his solo vs total tackles. He gets a lot of help out there.

in my opinion, he’s undersized (although very strong) and can’t cover worth a shit. He will never be the kind of player in the NFL that he was able to be in college.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 am

FreddieB25 wrote:With Reggie drafting these guys you mentioned aren't even on his radar most likely. Reggie likes to be slick and draft alleged rapists with shin splints or guys with baboon hearts or guys with a history of injuries with raw talent. Hopefully Gruden has a huge input into what groceries we're shopping for in the draft. Like I said in another post. I don't see Reggie our GM when we start playing in Vegas in 2020.

Unfortunately it looks like Big Reg is unfireable. He turned down interview for GB GM so I think he staying

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Gruden has already agreed to let him stay and see how they work together. I also think Gruden wants a VP, so not sure if Reggie will hold all the chips this time.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:34 pm

piratepride wrote:Gruden has already agreed to let him stay and see how they work together. I also think Gruden wants a VP, so not sure if Reggie will hold all the chips this time.

Where did you hear this?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Gruden and Reggie should start up a comic book after themselves called Tarzan and the Gorilla.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum