Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

My bad, I like Gannon as qb coach, not as OF.
Dead you bring up several good points on Gannon, but the NFL is a nasty place for 1st timers.

Which is what makes Gruden so damn vood, he knows this and would never hand him the keys to the offense.

He'll be invaluable as a QB coach in the film room though.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:08 pm

piratepride wrote:My bad, I like Gannon as qb coach, not as OF.
Dead you bring up several good points on Gannon, but the NFL is a nasty place for 1st timers.

Which is what makes Gruden so damn vood, he knows this and would never hand him the keys to the offense.

No doubt. Carr is going to find out things about playing his position that he never had a clue about.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:42 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
piratepride wrote:My bad, I like Gannon as qb coach, not as OF.

No doubt. Carr is going to find out things about playing his position that he never had a clue about.

Carr is a piece of garbage!! Hopefully Gruden gets Reggie to package him for picks and gets Kirk Cousins. Carr is a fuckin fraud!!! Overrated and can't make a play in a dirty pocket like above average QB's can. 25 mill and josh mccown had a better year than he did on a piss poor Jet team.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Marujo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Greg Olson speculated to be our OC under Gruden. I hope not.

:x

Marujo
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Lol. I hope not, we are gonna hear every name possible in the universe over the next few weeks. I’ve heard Trestman! I’m gonna wait to speculate at least until Gruden is officially hired

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I’d much rather have Cousins than Carr. But Like said before Gruden will help Carr develop way more than that jack ass Del Rio & Downing

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:49 pm

[quote="Marujo"]Greg Olson speculated to be our OC under Gruden. I hope not.

:I saw that. Olsen is garbage!! Read Gruden would be calling the plays though. If Chucky can't fix this mess, I give up!!! He made us into a respectable and inspired football team when he was here almost twenty years ago. Those Gruden teams were our best since the Madden/Flores glory years. I know the NFL is different now. But I have faith he'll have us prepared to compete week to week. Hopefully he gets rid of the half ass slackers that have ruined our roster like termites for decades.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I'm not going to throw Carr out with the bath water. I'll see what he brings next year before I jump on the wagon with you guys. He was injured badly two times within a short period of time, his receivers are garbage and his O line hates him. Not many QB's would succeed under those conditions. Just my opinion.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm

silver & black wrote:I'm not going to throw Carr out with the bath water. I'll see what he brings next year before I jump on the wagon with you guys. He was injured badly two times within a short period of time, his receivers are garbage and his O line hates him. Not many QB's would succeed under those conditions. Just my opinion.

I feel ya. Heard that Carr was targeting Seth Roberts in the 2nd half against the Chargers when we were down 23-10 and 30-10 because Roberts needed 7 catches for a 300K bonus for the season aside from the fact Carr had open receivers and was forcing the ball to Roberts. I have a problem with that on many levels. Carr laughing and smiling on the sidelines with EJ Manuel in the last minutes of the game after a shitty season for himself and the team . Great QB's worth a damn don't do that. Never saw Staubach or Brady act like that. Carr has much to impress upon because he's had 1 good year in the 4 years as a pro. He got paid and its as if he really doesn't care as much like he did last year. He is a fraud until I see he gives a shit when times are bad and he sitting on an unjustified contract.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Marujo wrote:Greg Olson speculated to be our OC under Gruden. I hope not.

:x

No. Fucking. Way. The man has no clue how to utilize his personnel to get the maximum out of them. He's a fucking re-tard.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum