Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

Postby blazin1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Carr might be retarded.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:08 pm

blazin1 wrote:Carr might be retarded.

He's garbage!!! Fuckin idiot gets paid and has looked like a back up QB all year. Hope he and Del Rio are gone soon.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Gannon was broadcasting game today sounding like he knew exactly what was about to happen. Mentioned Crabtree and Lynch pulling themselves out and taking breathers..... Gannon will be beneficial for Carr in so many way , now I'm getting excited!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:22 pm

piratepride wrote:Gannon was broadcasting game today sounding like he knew exactly what was about to happen. Mentioned Crabtree and Lynch pulling themselves out and taking breathers..... Gannon will be beneficial for Carr in so many way , now I'm getting excited!

Don't know if Gannon would come out of booth to be our QB coach. Not a lucrative job. maybe Offensive coordinator might tempt him.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Raiders already bitten once with a noob at the OC position, fool me twice shame on us.

Not gonna happen, he'll be the QB coach with a chance to be with his mentor.

SPIDER 2 Y BANANA....WHY HAVEN'T YOU LEFT YET??

DAMNIT MAN.

YOU HET ONE SHOT IN THIS LEAGUE MEN....1 SHOT!

as he's s scowling over at the players next year lol

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 pm

We got some niggger discontent on this team, Crab, Penn and others. Chucky will need to clean up the locker room of niggger poison fer sure

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 am

FreddieB25 wrote:
piratepride wrote:Gannon was broadcasting game today sounding like he knew exactly what was about to happen. Mentioned Crabtree and Lynch pulling themselves out and taking breathers..... Gannon will be beneficial for Carr in so many way , now I'm getting excited!

Don't know if Gannon would come out of booth to be our QB coach. Not a lucrative job. maybe Offensive coordinator might tempt him.

Dude. You think the job Gannon’s doing right now is any more lucrative? He ain’t getting paid jack shit compared to Chucky. Gruden was making over $6M. I’d peg Gannon at under $1M or maybe right at it, depending on what all he does other than games.

I’m pretty sure Gannon would make out at least a little better as an OC in the NFL.

But I really don’t think that would be the stumbling block w Rich. I recall reading about how he didn’t want to go back to the ridiculous hours and grueling work that comes w the level of preparation he demands from himself and everyone else around him.

But that was probably 4 or 5 yrs ago. He may have the itch at this point. It prob depends on whether or not he still has kids in school, what his wife thinks about it, etc.

Does he have the itch? And does he think this would be the perfect situation for him?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am

piratepride wrote:Raiders already bitten once with a noob at the OC position, fool me twice shame on us.

Not gonna happen, he'll be the QB coach with a chance to be with his mentor.

SPIDER 2 Y BANANA....WHY HAVEN'T YOU LEFT YET??

DAMNIT MAN.

YOU HET ONE SHOT IN THIS LEAGUE MEN....1 SHOT!

as he's s scowling over at the players next year lol

You have a great point about a noob OC. But after thinking about it for awhile, several things come to mind.

1. Gannon was OC in everything but name when he played for us. He was the very definition of a field general, and his prep was second to none. He knew what everyone on that field was supposed to do on every fuckin play, and he coached them up when they fucked something up.

2. If anyone on the face of the earth understands “spider 2 banana” as well as Gruden does, it’s Gannon. Not only does he understand Gruden’s nomenclature, he understand his offensive philosophies like nobody else.

3. Just like Gruden, Rich has been calling games for many years now, getting into coaches’ heads, understanding exactly what’s going on in today’s NFL. This would be nothing like the bed and breakfast scenario.

4. As Pirate said, Gannon knows this Raiders team inside and out. It might take him a day to work up a spreadsheet on what he wants to do w all his personnel. He is as up-to-speed on the Raiders organization as we can hope to find. Probably more so than Gruden, come to think of it.

I DO have a couple of concerns about him being OC though. I’ll drop those into another post.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm all for both coming in, but I like Gruden as a QB coach.
Watch this around the 7 minute mark. The Jets O coordinator actyally did an amazing jib with half the talent / QB we have.
Check it out!
http://m.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/ ... 1ba90403f2

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Word is he's more than likely to come on over. Gruden may still in fact call the plays.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum