Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

Postby piratepride » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 am

Espn pundits reporting Gruden may in fact leave to coach us ! Reports coming in saying he'll get an ownership price of the pie.

If you ask me, these rumours are a little different than in the past, with Espn actually creating the rumour. In years past theyve always seemed to deny as simole rumours, rhis year Gruden said he's received calls, amd reports are hes calling around looking for assistants.

You can go back to my opinion of Gruden throughout numerous post on this board, I'm truly on the fence this time.

You've all got to admit Mark Davis has balls of steel making a move like this week 17 with Jack at the helm. How's he going to explain this away if it doesn't happen?

While chuckie was here last time, he demanded a prepared team, and held each player accountable with the help of Gannon. I wonder what went wrong in Tampa when he demanded the same respect? It's been too long ago to remember for me, anyone else know?
I feel him winning the super bowl against us was by pure luck...
1. He inherited the top overall defense that damn near one or all the year before.
2.Gannon was pissed at the Raiders/Davis for trading away his coach, and had that look on his face during the game like "I told you so". This I remember very clear, he was the type to fold when shot didn't go according to plan right away.
3. Barrett Robins went awol, his replacement actually held his own but didn't have the same ferocity. Robbins was known for having crazy retard strength capable of taking on several d lineman.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders set to make strong Gruden offer!

Postby piratepride » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:57 am

It all depends on what he does or who he brings in as his coordinators. If Pagano does it again today versus his old team / Chargers we have to bring him back. He's the best defensive coordinator we've seen since I don't know when.

I'd love to see the list of names willing to work for Chuckie.

Gruden favors west coast ball control offense that's a bit boring and doesn't seem like a fit for Carr at first glance.

I think Carr would be truly better in a fast pace offense where he has the time to adjust the play call at the line of scrimmage to get us into a favorable play. Then slow the game down with power running / play action.

W
I think Dead is right to a degree, he's Sat down with slot of coaches and players over the years and learned a lot.
Maybe he's willing to switch up a few things?
What say you?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:21 am

I’ll believe it when I see it! I want him but I don’t set myself up for disappointment. I hope we can get him. But I don’t like getting excited thinking he’s coming & then find out he’s not. Hope Davis gives him ownership

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:36 am

I don't think Gruden can/will save the Raiders.... just my opinion, which has proven to be wrong many times...lol. He will/would absolutely solidify the fan base!

Even though I have my doubts, I would happily have him back. It would feel like and old, favorite pair of jeans..... it would also mean Del Rio would be gone!

IF the rumor proves to be true, having part ownership could prove to be the catalyst that could turn this franchise around and be what it once was.... and still should be.

So............. John Gruden; Welcome home! (maybe).

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:38 am

Report is he called Gannon to ask him if he wanted to be one of his assistants.

Also, that Gruden has been offered an ownership stake.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 am

Is this good or bad? My take is: it’s DEFINITELY good. The question is how good? That I don’t know.

I have to assume, if Gruden is taking an ownership stake, that he has also been given a high level of control, if not full control, of personnel.

I can also guarantee that Reggie had NO hand in this, and is probably every bit in the dark as we are.

Clearly Mark has found the money he needs to pay off Jack’s contract, and possibly Reggie’s as well. That tells me one of two things: either the rest of the ownership partners agreed w Mark’s plan to bring in Gruden, or THEY actually went to Mark with the plan and told him they’d help make it happen.

Either way, I believe Reggie has just been relegated to glorified scout status.

This is happening.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 am

I hope you're right DR. Having Reggie on the sideline would be a drastic improvement. Having a coach that knows what he's doing would also prove beneficial...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 pm

FUCK! Now I’m starting to get pumped up. Let’s get the band back together! Gruden & Gannon! Can they succeed? I don’t Fuckin care bring them in!!!!!! We got nothing to lose! Fuck Reggie & Jack! Also heard Raiders about to cut Crabtree!! Del has been through tissue boxes by the thousands behind his veil of tears!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:05 pm

I've heard Lynch is also in the dog house and likely won't be back. Good riddance!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:26 pm

We're going to get blown out in this Charger game. I don't see Gruden and Gannon in Oakland. Just media finding something to talk about.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum