It's getting to the point I feared it would...

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

It's getting to the point I feared it would...

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:21 am

I'm at the point where it doesn't bother me nearly as much when we lose.

I think this must be how Lions fans have felt their entire lives.

It's just what we do. Just another day in the life.

For the first 2 or 3 years of Reggie's shitstorm I couldn't fucking see straight from the disappointment and anger - Especially that 2012 season where I just knew we were going to rip the lid off... then we cut Hue and everyone else who was involved in getting us to that point.

Since then it's been the same thing over and over. And you guys know I was never really stoked last season because I knew we were a paper tiger. Even if we'd had Carr in the postseason, I knew that NE or PIT would have split us open hard.

I'm starting to figure out that it's not a lot of fun being a football fan when you've gotten to this point. It's pretty fucking dismal, really. Watching your team fuck things up over and over and over again. Whether it's the coaching staff, the draft, FA, play calling, massive holes in the depth chart... One thing after another.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: It's getting to the point I feared it would...

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:25 am

My God, when Al was alive, losing was fucking well unacceptable. To the point where he'd flush any and every coach, even if it was just half a season.

People yell and scream about continuity, but I'm starting to miss those days.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Continuity isn't worth shit if the staff and players suck. What's the point in keeping shitty players and incompetent coaches? I'm all for clearing the table again. Del Rio isn't what I expected. Norton and Downing both suck. Reggie isn't worth the rant. The only person that can do anything is a retard sped with a fucked up hair cut. We have some talent, but it isn't enough or utilized correctly. It needs blown up...again.

I'll go along with the continuity argument when we have competent people, until then.... fuck it.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 pm

I knew last year was a joke too. Has Reggie done anything at the trade deadline? I see a bunch of teams are active filling holes like the Eagles getting Ajayi. Lol! Reggie has had all offseason to fill our holes on defense & what did he do? Nothing. Zero. Hard to root against your own team but if we lose out I think it would be great. Probably the only way to finally get rid of these goons. But Reggie & Jack have both been paid already for the fluke season we had last year so I don’t see them going. As long as the Reggie/Hack Del Rio regime is here we have no chance.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm

It's hard to understand why Downing hasn't been fired already. Compare last year's offense to this year's, the only substantial change was at OC. And anyone who can't do better than Musgrave has got to go.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:11 pm

DeadRinger wrote:It's hard to understand why Downing hasn't been fired already. Compare last year's offense to this year's, the only substantial change was at OC. And anyone who can't do better than Musgrave has got to go.

I think if we lose to Miami this Sunday and our offense is stagnant like in many of our losses Downing will be demoted and or fired after the game. We have a bye week after Miami with new England in Mexico. If we do lose to Miami and sit at 3-6 I think somebodies getting fired. Del Rio seems disinterested this season and could be gone at the end of the season if it remains this bad on the field. I really think this team and coaching staff has mailed it in after week 2 aside from the Chief game. In our wins we look like last years team, in our losses we look like Dennis Allen's Raiders. Nuff said.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 am

Okay.... I've tried to look at this with a cooler head. If we are all honest, none of us really thought we were going 12-4...13-3 this year. We all know we had quite a few lucky breaks last year. That said, we played better last year. The ONE major thing that changed is the OC. It's obvious that Downing is in waaayyyy over his head. It's also obvious that Norton is in the same boat.

I think Del Rio should stay, even though I'm not a big fan. If Cleveland fires Hue, I'd be all over getting him back, though. Del Rio needs "real" Coordinators, which he obviously doesn't have. Norton needs to be demoted and Pagano needs to be the D coord. O coord....... I don't know.

I'm starting to think the lack of intensity is due to the imminent move to Vegas..... it's like everyone is just going through the motions until they get there. We should have been in the playoffs easily this year.

Lynch was a bad idea. I knew it would be. He's a problem, and always has been. I knew he would be a problem here... which we didn't/don't need.

Mark has to grow a pair of balls and get in Reggie's face over the lack of addressing the D problem. It won't happen. As usual, it all starts at the top..... and a retard sits at the top.

I can only hope things straighten out after the move.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

Halfway through the season, we've already lost more games than we lost all year last year. AT WHAT POINT does it become a crisis? Even if we won out (HAHAHHAhaaaa) we could still miss the playoffs. One more loss and our chances nosedive into nothingness.

SURELY someone in a position of authority or extreme influence MUST see that this is a farce.

What fucking good is it having a defensive mind at HC if we can't field even a mediocre defense?? Every one of us expected more out of Del RIO AT LEAST on that side of the ball but I'm pretty sure we've actually gotten worse.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

I can only agree with you DR. I don't know why all of us can see the problem, but Mark/Reggie can't.............. or they just don't care because they are getting a bazillion $$$$$ stadium in the entertainment capital of the country. You would think they'd be trying like hell to move a winner there.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 pm

silver & black wrote:I can only agree with you DR. I don't know why all of us can see the problem, but Mark/Reggie can't.............. or they just don't care because they are getting a bazillion $$$$$ stadium in the entertainment capital of the country. You would think they'd be trying like hell to move a winner there.

Yeah but instead they're coasting on last season's coattails. And they have no idea how utterly incompetent that makes them ALL look.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum