Penn is holding out of camp because of contract.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Penn is holding out of camp because of contract.

Postby silver & black » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 am

Yea, unfortunately, it is a business. Penn knows his career is just about done. He's getting paid fairly well as it is. Why not see if you can end your career on possibly winning a Superbowl.... or making a serious run at it?

We sit here as fans with a different outlook.... just win baby! The players look at it a lot different, I would think. Still, it's very frustrating as a fan, knowing the team could make a push if everyone was on the same page. Greed is a fucked up animal... with owners and players alike.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:17 am

There's a lot of pressure on Carr and I think Penn will be signed eventually. This will be a huge year after a promising last year where we are 11-2 and one point and fizzled out. Got a have a bounce back year somehow.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:56 am

I bet Penn's fine ass wife is blowing all his money and he has no choice but to ask for more.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby thejunki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:24 pm

My thoughts about the penn situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLIzK_tPoU

thejunki
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:17 pm

silver & black wrote:Yea, unfortunately, it is a business. Penn knows his career is just about done. He's getting paid fairly well as it is. Why not see if you can end your career on possibly winning a Superbowl.... or making a serious run at it?

We sit here as fans with a different outlook.... just win baby! The players look at it a lot different, I would think. Still, it's very frustrating as a fan, knowing the team could make a push if everyone was on the same page. Greed is a fucked up animal... with owners and players alike.

What's most frustrating is knowing that the best he could hope for in FA is less than what he's getting right now. So it's a STUPID move, and I don't think the organization should save him from himself on this.

Dump. Trade. Move on.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:35 pm

thejunki wrote:My thoughts about the penn situation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLIzK_tPoU

Come on man. These guys take hundreds and hundreds of snaps every year. Pretty damn easy to pick and choose a few to dump in a highlight reel. And they're moving Veldheer to RT because they want their FIRST-rounder, Humphries, to try to hold down the LT spot because that's what they drafted him to do even though Veldheer's been holding him off for years now.

Veldheer's numbers looked pretty good to me. You can see by Palmer's sack numbers that Jared was desperately missed last season when he went down. Last year Palmer was sacked 40 times. Year before that? Only 25. Palmer went from a 105 rating in 2015 to an 87 last season.

And oh, BTW, Jared doesn't have an all-world LG and OC hanging out with him either, nor does he have a mobile QB (by ANYONE'S definition of the word).

Bottom line, Jared's job has been a whole fucking lot harder than Penn's over the last 3 seasons. So watching a highlight reel does nothing for me.

Jared fucking Veldheer played LIGHTS OUT for us when he was here. And Reggie forced him to play out a 3rd-round rookie contract and then slapped him like he was some kind of bitch. That was BULLSHIT, just like all the BULLSHIT people like to point to and act like it was a good move. It wasn't. It was one of a multitude of fuck-ups that got us in the top-5 in the draft for 3 straight years.

Fuck Reggie and Penn both. They can piss off together IMO.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:53 pm

In the first half of last season, Palmer threw for an AVERAGE of 362 yds/game. No, that wasn't his BEST game. That was his AVERAGE over the first 8 games.

Then Veldheer went down.

And Palmer's AVERAGE yds/game for the second half was 255. Yeah that's right. He went from being Aaron Rodgers to being Ryan Tannehill overnight.

I'd say Veldheer meant something to that team.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby thejunki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:15 pm

you didnt pay attention to the chart fact is Penn started every game for us since he signed. Veldheer missed 8 games last year alone also if veldheer was playing lights out they would of never drafted a left tackle to replace their young franchise left tackle. Not trying to dumb on Jared because fans have soft spots for average players on bad teams (zach miller, derrick burgess, jerry porters) to name a few. Veldheer is retiring and Penn is still playing if jared was still on the team we would of been scrambling to find a replacement. I dont understand the fans KO came here because of the money Reggie threw at him not because he wanted to play for the most winningest team since the afl merger. Rodney hudson came to the blackhole for the same reason. Gabe is happy because Reggie is going to put alot of money in his bank account. Why is it the most important position ( LEFT TACKLE) the person who protects the blindside from the best edge rushers in the league get paid pnuts. Why is the fans cursing him out just because he is not in camp? Something Lynch never attended in seattle their fans didnt burn his jersey they gave him a pass so why cant the nation do the same for penn???? Reggie forced lee smith to take a paycut why no one is mad at Reggie for not sticking to the original contract???

thejunki
Rookie
Rookie

Postby thejunki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Not mad at you ringer for your opinion im just fustrated with the fans is all

thejunki
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Penn just signed a contract last year. Then he pulls this shit? I say fine his ass until he gets into camp. Stupid moolie is responsible for the sack that broke Carr's leg & now he wants to hold out? No one else will pay him cause he's old & has 1-2 years left. Like I said give him a small raise but you don't give this guy a 3-4 year contract no fucking way. Dumb jigaboo probably blew most of his money on fat strippers and corn bread.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum