Penn is holding out of camp because of contract.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Penn is holding out of camp because of contract.

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 pm

What a moron this guy is. He's damn lucky to be main $5M base at his age.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Penn is holding out of camp because of contract.

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm

He's due to make 5.8 mill as a 34 yr old tackle this year. He isn't elite but serves the purpose. He wouldn't make that anywhere else most likely. We do have room under the cap to give him some more money so we'll see what happens. He's probably pissed at the money Gabe Jackson got and the Osomele and Rodney Hudson contracts and feels slighted obviously. We do need his services so Reggie has to sit down with him obviously. Reggie should give him a half a million more this year and tell him he is a year to year guy as his contract is complete after this season and negotiate next year after this year. Penn is getting older. No way does he think we'll give him like a 3 year 21 or 25 million contract at his age. No fuckin way.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 pm

He's holding out for top 10 money? Fuck him! We don't need this shit going into camp. He's good, but he's an old man. He's got one or two years left. Fuckin boom coon

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Give him a million. If not it's next man up. Fuck this cornrowed clown it's about winning a Super Bowl. If not go back to Tampa bay & Die!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:Give him a million. If not it's next man up. Fuck this cornrowed clown it's about winning a Super Bowl. If not go back to Tampa bay & Die!

Al would let him sit out and or walk. Reggie learned from old Raider and Packer player personnel evaluator the legendary HOF'er Ron Wolf build your franchise around a franchise QB and and a highly competent offensive line and build from there. Ron Wolf was a huge reason for Green bay's success in the 90's bringing in Favre, Mike Holmgren, Reggie White etc and drafting well. GB has been one of the winningest franchises in the NFL since Wolf took over in the early 90's and layed that blue print and foundation for the last quarter century.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Talk about bad timing. Dude was talking like he couldn't wait to get going.....now this shit?

Then we go and dump Howard without a replacement? They must be ready to give the dann spot to Newhouse and Vadal backing him up at RT.

Penn deserves another $600,000 K, that's it!!

He needs to get his ass here.

That said, if Reggie plays hard ball we may lose Carr by week 4. I'm not so sure K.O is athletic enough to make the switch but it's still early.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 pm

piratepride wrote:Talk about bad timing. Dude was talking like he couldn't wait to get going.....now this shit?

Then we go and dump Howard without a replacement? They must be ready to give the dann spot to Newhouse and Vadal backing him up at RT.

Penn deserves another $600,000 K, that's it!!

He needs to get his ass here.

That said, if Reggie plays hard ball we may lose Carr by week 4. I'm not so sure K.O is athletic enough to make the switch but it's still early.

I bet as soon as Howard was cut, Penn's agent called him because his value just went up to demand more money as we are down a vet tackle after that cut. NFL is a business and the timing seems right for Penn to demand more money. Penn knows we can't lose him as well.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Freddie's right, this isn't a bad move by Penn. I've been mentioning for 3 years now that we need to get someone in here who can fucking play LT. Oenn knows damn well Reggie has fucking neglected the position, and he waited til training camo to make noise so there aren't any other options out there now.

This is Reggie's fault. I'll bet money we pay this old fucker. Probably extend him a year too. Hey, a 35-yr-old LT protecting our franchise?? Suuuuuure, why not? What could possibly go wrong? I mean, it's not like our division rivals have Justin Houston, Vonn Miller, Shane Ray and Joey Bosa, you know?

Wait a second, we might be fucked.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 am

I've said the same thing for awhile also. I love Penn's durability and he does deserve to get a raise considering his play....but not good for the team. Hands down the most glaring need right now and will be heading into the off-season along with MLB. I've been hearing good things about marquel lee, but the learning curve is too much for any rookie at that spot so I'm not expecting much.

While I'd love to go LT in the 1st, it sure feels like the past 7 or so have sucked balls! IMO, qb's and LT's are the hardest positions to draft for in round one, we're better off signing and paying for the LT for the browns next year. He's probably old also but playing much better than any of these rookies dating back 7 years.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 pm

I agree man. but by the time we get to pick, all those "sure things" will be off the board and maybe we can get a a REAL football player at LT around that point. Problem w that is hen we're starting a rookie at the 3rd or 4h most important position on the field, and that pretty much always results in a non-playoff season.

So what we really need to do is exactly what we SHOULD have done w Penn. we draft LT maybe rd 2 and sign a proven solid vet for 2 seasons to get the kid ready.

That's where Reggie failed w this Penn deal. We never should have been in this position.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum