Oakland Raiders 2017 Predictions

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Will The Raiders Make It To The Super Bowl In 2017?

YES
78%
NO
11%
WHATCHA TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?
11%

Total votes : 9

Oakland Raiders 2017 Predictions

Postby blazin1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

How do you think the Raiders will finish this year? I say they will go 11-5 or 12-4 if Carr stays upright.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Oakland Raiders 2017 Predictions

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

If our defense performs like last year this year its hard to think we're going 11-5 or 12-4 and than consider our sked this year. Our offense did just enough to outscore opponents or come back and out score opponents. Wins like that even out and your on the losing side as games like that add up. I'll say 11-5 but if we have key injuries and our defense isn't much better I could see 10-6 or 9-7.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby blazin1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:If our defense performs like last year this year its hard to think we're going 11-5 or 12-4 and than consider our sked this year. Our offense did just enough to outscore opponents or come back and out score opponents. Wins like that even out and your on the losing side as games like that add up. I'll say 11-5 but if we have key injuries and our defense isn't much better I could see 10-6 or 9-7.

If the Raiders really want it they can do it. Just Win, Baby!

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Our same problem last year is our same problem this year. Ken Norton and his phantom defense. At least if Lynch can run and take pressure off Carr it would also keep our shit defense off the field. Probably still be a lot of shoot outs for us even still. Hopefully Vanderdoes is good because we suck ass in the middle and our D line is weak as shit. We should at least get Perry Riley back. But I say we will not go to Super Bowl because of defense. Unless all these rookies turn out to be good witch I doubt. But my prediction is we go to SB somehow someway and we win it. The autumn wind

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 am

I'm predicting Raiders wins the AFC west with a record of 13-3 or 14 -2 >>> then go on to beat the Pats in the AFC championship!!!! As far as the MLB goes, I think they will go after Zach Orr on a one year deal....if nothing else then there Perry Riley.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby silver & black » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 pm

The defense is suspect again. I'll say 10-6 and maybe 12-4 with a few lucky breaks like we had last year. I would love to say we are going to the Superbowl, but I think that's a stretch with our D.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I see us taking a small step back. Maybe 10-6 or 11-5. The defense is way too reliant on a handful of rookies and that's no recipe for success.

If Mario Edwards can't stay healthy all season, we're fully fucked.

But man, it'll be fun to watch the O for however long Beast Mode can stay on the field. No way to defend against that O. The only thing that could stop us is ourselves. If Downing's just a little bit smarter than Muskrat, we'll terrorize the fuckin league.

Unfortunately, the O is only one of 3 phases in the game. We could easily get crushed every bit as much as we do the crushing.

Really hard to call it this year, but I believe we'll make the playoffs if we can split w the Chiefs.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:42 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:I'm predicting Raiders wins the AFC west with a record of 13-3 or 14 -2 >>> then go on to beat the Pats in the AFC championship!!!! As far as the MLB goes, I think they will go after Zach Orr on a one year deal....if nothing else then there Perry Riley.

Big Boy I wish I was smoking what your smoking with your prognostication of 14-2 or 13-3. Hope your right brah!!! LOL! In my mind not with this defense and no MLB and young guys in the secondary and some older guys and mostly lack of pass rush and QB hurries. We make the opposing QB look like a statue back there for 5 seconds seemingly every pass play. Too many question marks on defense to think we win more than 11 games also considering our schedule. Hopefully Pagano has something that can make this defense the top third of the league and not bottom five like last year. I predicted Super bowl this year in the poll because that's where our bar is set and I'd rather be wrong on that poll than hold out hope that we can get to the big dance.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 am

I think this team is capable of challenging for the right to go to the superbowl...but we ain't winning the Patriots come playoff time, let alone a high flying team like the Falcons.
We need a few more peices, mainly a standout LB or three. We may have some better players at the DT spot than most of us think but we need more depth.

I feel like we'll win the division, but lose a few of the close games we won last year. So record wise I'm thinking 10-6.
That said, if all goes right and the defense is better than any of us thought we'll go 13-3.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:30 am

Let me play devil's advocate.
Let me make a case for the impossible...like I did last year when we played at home VS the Broncos. Some on here said we'd be embarrassed, and wouldn't stand a chance.
But, we all know how that game played out.
This year's team feels slot like the old ass Raiders team in 2001, when we went to the super bowl. The team back then knew their window was closing and they all spoke of the same thing....winning now. Forfet talent, our guys this year have talked about winning now for the fams amd the coty of Oakland. Iys why Lynch reached out to us amd evemtually signed, you can feel it in the air.
So that said here goes.

Attitude- the team has a drive to win like nothing I've ever seen this early in the off season from top to bottom..starting with the Derek Carr.

Timing - said this for the past 3 years, the division is finally our for the taking and most of us know why without an in depth answer. SD has talent but Rivers will be gone in 2 years any they'll have to start over at the position. Win for us. Broncos D still dominate, but players tend to fall off once they notice their QB ain't the smartest. Theirs are very average and don't put fear in anyone, plus we'll be able to run on them with Lynch. KC always worried me, but that was before they drafted the future at QB. Smith knows his time is short and will play his ads off this year, but eventually they'll start all over, and considering most of their D is old, they'll need to retool very soon.
The division is in a state of flux, we'll be in the driver's seat for next 4 or 5 seasons.
Home field advantage- if we shock the world and win this game vs the Patriots in mexico, it'll provide enough momentum and tie breaking points to possibly take the #1 seed. Anything can happen at home, with our rabid fans making it too hard for Rothlisberger to hear. I've been to two games versus the Steelers and we've won both due to lack of communication on their part. Home field will be huge, if we get it, watch out.

Carr- the most important player on our team reported to camp before rhe rookies, he welcomed them off the damn bus! Dude is probably in the film room right now doing what it takes to win on Sunday. The will and drive of this young man is second to none, while dudes are out partying getting popped for whatever, he's taking care of business. All the greats had it, and so does he.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum