BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: NFL.com says we have the 4th most talented team

Postby silver & black » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:43 pm

I say talk is cheap. I know we're talented, but it has to parlay into wins to mean a damn thing. We will see how this season unfolds. If I sound a little hesitant.... even after last season, it's because I don't give two shits about talk, hype and glowing reviews. I want a damn Championship!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:43 pm

4th ranked team and according to Deadstinker we're digressing like we went 12-4 last year...motherfucker said we'd go 7-9 and bailed when we were 6-2 and didn't have the balls to congratulate the team coaches and GM for a quality season...doom and gloom is all he talks about!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:26 pm

silver & black wrote:I say talk is cheap. I know we're talented, but it has to parlay into wins to mean a damn thing. We will see how this season unfolds. If I sound a little hesitant.... even after last season, it's because I don't give two shits about talk, hype and glowing reviews. I want a damn Championship!

Well, recalling how many times we won because of pure luck last season, I'm with you on this. Luck is not a strategy.

But the team has certainly improved w/ Lynch, Jared Cook. I even like picking up a burner like Patterson for cheap.

Too bad the draft was, IMO, a total loss. The only guy I see perhaps panning out is the 2nd round S. I don't think he'll ever be a "great" player tho. And I see our first-rounder going Rolando on us real quick. Better be some damn serious clauses in that contract.

And the greatest thing about 2017? We're relying on a 5th round rook to man the middle of the defense. To be the QB of that defense. What could possibly go wrong???

Anyone know yet what our DL is going to look like? I suppose we'll have

Edwards-Ward-Autry/Ellis-Ward/Latham-Vanderdoes/Mack-Autry-Cowser

Personally I'd STILL prefer Mack in that pass-rush OLB spot. He has a lot more to offer this team besides a pass rush. His sideline-to-sideline speed and ability to pick his way through trash are second to none IMO. He could possibly surpass Von Miller in that role, IMO. He chases guys down he has no business being able to chase down.

Wre pull him back up to OLB, with Irvin on the other side (you have Calhoun and Cowser who can spell them or even man one of the inside spots) and run with a Edwards-Ward/Ellis/Autry-Ward DL. Ellis was born to be a NT IMO., and I think Edwards and Jihad were BOTH meant to man 3-4 DE spots.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:28 pm

We're No. 1 bitches! The raiders are a shit hot team with some top players in the league and potential top players as the year progresses. The biggest weakness (musgrave) is gone

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum