Music

Discuss anything you like in the Lounge. Movies, Politics, Religion or whatever else you come up with.

Music

Postby silver & black » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Okay....it's the off season............... What's your favorite music? I'll start:

One of my all time favorite guitar players.... Robin Trower.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Re: Music

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:38 pm

I like Trower as well...too rolling stoned my fave by them...Sabbath Floyd thin lizzy zep sknyrd allman bros zz top sinatra leonard cohen miles davis marvin gaye etc ..I like all music..everything aside from bullshit gangsta rap, bieber and most other no talent all style no substance musicians

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby blazin1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:42 pm

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Ok I'm gonna go with Tony Iommi, Richie Blackmore, Randy Rhoads, Dimbag Daryl for guitar. Cliff Burton, Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Geddy Lee for bass & Dave Lombardo, Mean Gene Hoglan for drums. Classic rock, Deep Purple, Skynrd, Rainbow, Pink Floyd, Doors, AC/DC, Joe Walsh, exc...... for metal..... Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, old Metallica & Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Testament, Exodus, Overkill, Iced Earth, Forbidden, Kreator, Trouble, Death, Corrosion of Conformity, Down, Machine Head, Sinatra, Phil Collins!!!!!! On and on it goes, nobody will know most of these bands! Lol But they are all real metal. Pop music is fucking heinous! I always thought to be a musician you had to play an instrument! That takes talent and skill and promotes creativity. Now you got some tizuun hitting a button on a computer and spews a bunch of ignorant ghetto slang over it and they call it music. I hate rap it's horrible. Wigger rap is even worse. Now you got these emo fag bands. This broad I know was listening to a group called Blood on the Dance Floor. This shit is the worst garbage I've ever heard, recorded in the history of time. It's not music it's a total fucking disgrace. Del may know this band. Del? Blood on the Dance Floor?

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:53 pm

I'd say most of the music from the late 60's through the early 80's was top notch....the stuff today and in the last decade or so is inferior to the who's who of the music business back in those days across all genres.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:03 am

It sounds like we all like the same kind of stuff. I'm an old school metal head, but I've gotten into some different stuff as I get older...lol. I'm a big blues fan. I like the old stuff done by the new generation of blues players that rock it out a little.

A buddy at work turned me on to this guy. He's a trip...lol. 2 hubcaps, a broom stick and a pick up... he rips on it! And John Paul Jones from Zeppelin plays with him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vSZFEWHlo

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:47 pm

That is good shit. I agree music from late 60s thru early 90s is the best. Now it's all shit. Rock/metal will soon be extinct. Everything's been done anyway, nobody is gonna come out with anything better than what's already out. I think Ronnie Dio is the best vocalist check out a song called Die Young from when he was in Sabbath. Fuckin heavy

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:That is good shit. I agree music from late 60s thru early 90s is the best. Now it's all shit. Rock/metal will soon be extinct. Everything's been done anyway, nobody is gonna come out with anything better than what's already out. I think Ronnie Dio is the best vocalist check out a song called Die Young from when he was in Sabbath. Fuckin heavy

Yup I like lonely is the word and heaven and hell off of Dio Sabb's heaven and hell album and sign of the southern cross and falling off the edge of the world off of dio sabb's mob rules...randy rhoad guitar on Ozzy's diary of the madman album is epic!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Hell yea! I'm a big Dio fan. I love Sign Of The Southern Cross.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:18 pm

It's an honor to be among men with excellent taste in music. Heaven & Hell & Mob Rules are two of the best metal albums ever. And Freddie is right about Diary of a Madman. Ozzys best solo album.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Next

Return to The Lounge